Unlucky In Love
I do not fancy myself lucky in love
Truth be told I hold myself to fault.
Perhaps I dream too much often
And sometimes, maybe, I dream to a fault
But then what must a man do?
For all I have done,
I have had in mind my happiness to secure.
The price of this perhaps is to love with a fault
To not blindly give all
And hopelessly hope that all will be well.
Sometimes perhaps, my mind is too insecure
To understand truly what it is to love.
To not lean upon fate to decide my course
This I may say really is my fault.
In this matter I have no choice
I was not made to lean towards uncertain things
I believe only on things that always hold true
One of such that love is not always everything.
So yes, I am not lucky in love
And yes it is really my fault
I have built my life with a belief
That I must always do things right.
If then the cost of this is love
Then it is gladly my fault.
Precious Okidika's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Unlucky In Love by Precious Okidika )
- Ocean of Felicity of Love, Dipankar Sadhukhan
- I Miss You 3, Michael McParland
- Great love., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Touch of Your Divine Love, Dipankar Sadhukhan
- Your Heart, Michael McParland
- Stanzas, Simion Grahame
- Poetry/ Poetry is not nudity, obscenity .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- मंज़िल की और चल देते है.. manjhil ki or, hasmukh amathalal
- Symbol of love, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Mirror, I'm You, Neela Nath
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)