Unlucky In Love
I do not fancy myself lucky in love
Truth be told I hold myself to fault.
Perhaps I dream too much often
And sometimes, maybe, I dream to a fault
But then what must a man do?
For all I have done,
I have had in mind my happiness to secure.
The price of this perhaps is to love with a fault
To not blindly give all
And hopelessly hope that all will be well.
Sometimes perhaps, my mind is too insecure
To understand truly what it is to love.
To not lean upon fate to decide my course
This I may say really is my fault.
In this matter I have no choice
I was not made to lean towards uncertain things
I believe only on things that always hold true
One of such that love is not always everything.
So yes, I am not lucky in love
And yes it is really my fault
I have built my life with a belief
That I must always do things right.
If then the cost of this is love
Then it is gladly my fault.
Precious Okidika's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Unlucky In Love by Precious Okidika )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
James Weldon Johnson
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- As because, gajanan mishra
- Broken Guitar, katusiime jeresi
- born, Bull Hawking
- DECEIVING BLINDNESS, Michael P. Johnson
- White Papers , Martha Collins
- If It Matters @ All 2 You, aka Poetess
- Decision, Michelle Dragonfly
- Plural Happiness, David Rivard
- Wild Love, Courage Ghandih
- To The Dead, Leong Ming Loong