Unlucky In Love
I do not fancy myself lucky in love
Truth be told I hold myself to fault.
Perhaps I dream too much often
And sometimes, maybe, I dream to a fault
But then what must a man do?
For all I have done,
I have had in mind my happiness to secure.
The price of this perhaps is to love with a fault
To not blindly give all
And hopelessly hope that all will be well.
Sometimes perhaps, my mind is too insecure
To understand truly what it is to love.
To not lean upon fate to decide my course
This I may say really is my fault.
In this matter I have no choice
I was not made to lean towards uncertain things
I believe only on things that always hold true
One of such that love is not always everything.
So yes, I am not lucky in love
And yes it is really my fault
I have built my life with a belief
That I must always do things right.
If then the cost of this is love
Then it is gladly my fault.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Unlucky In Love by Precious Okidika )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- stillness and stomping lightly, Mandolyn ...
- Time And Season, Johnny Goyena
- Honesty, Tony Adah
- Child Of The Rainforest, Denis Martindale
- Cooling Off Time..., Denis Martindale
- And fairy land xxii, binod bastola
- When I was A Little Boy, ronald stroman
- keeping down apperances, lee fones
- Onkar Nath Gupta As A Poet, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Friendship's Light, Pamela Kewin