Unlucky In Love
I do not fancy myself lucky in love
Truth be told I hold myself to fault.
Perhaps I dream too much often
And sometimes, maybe, I dream to a fault
But then what must a man do?
For all I have done,
I have had in mind my happiness to secure.
The price of this perhaps is to love with a fault
To not blindly give all
And hopelessly hope that all will be well.
Sometimes perhaps, my mind is too insecure
To understand truly what it is to love.
To not lean upon fate to decide my course
This I may say really is my fault.
In this matter I have no choice
I was not made to lean towards uncertain things
I believe only on things that always hold true
One of such that love is not always everything.
So yes, I am not lucky in love
And yes it is really my fault
I have built my life with a belief
That I must always do things right.
If then the cost of this is love
Then it is gladly my fault.
Precious Okidika's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Unlucky In Love by Precious Okidika )
- Sea Sights, Saiom Shriver
- Revolving Cross, Saiom Shriver
- Words Awash, Saiom Shriver
- The Now., RAJ VIKRAM
- The Mirror, RAJ VIKRAM
- A reverie, RAJ VIKRAM
- Like Arrows In Quivers, Saiom Shriver
- The Monster, crystal ruth
- A.Blok, You are - the wild call.. - tran.., Lyudmila Purgina
- A.Blok, As day so light... - translation.., Lyudmila Purgina
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)