In Memory of Sue
We went to school together,
but circumstance in our lives
parted us for many years.
It took me across an ocean
to a new life in a different country.
Through the years I often thought
of the classmates I left behind.
Forty eight years later you contacted me
and our real friendship began.
Three years later from half a world away,
my wife and I came to visit you
and again for the next two years.
Sadly on the third year
you slipped away to heaven.
Today is your birthday
and no card can I send,
nor birthday wishes on the phone,
I but I feel you know
I’m always thinking of you,
because you are unforgettable.
I sometimes wish I could have known
you better and longer than I did.
I miss you very much
and will never let your memory go,
because you are unforgettable
and I still miss you so.
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Unforgettable by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- What the hell, Nassy Fesharaki
- Chair, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- See if I care, Mark Heathcote
- Wishes Granted, Bill Cantrell
- Killer instinct mind, Mark Heathcote
- Book Condition: (Fairest of the) Fair, mary douglas
- It's The Fairy Queen Out Of Sight In Pal.., mary douglas
- *VII*- To Love, Leslie Guylee Cron
- Every Man Remembered!, Denis Martindale
- White Frosted Cake Viewed At Ages 6 and 7, mary douglas