Shifting tunnels of facelessness
Curve through mottled landscapes.
Discolouration of winter
Brings shape to smiles of grey.
Relish heavenly tears onset
By years of laboured languish.
Haunted thoughts cast with downturned eyes,
Discontent seeps into the marrow of hope.
One touch of flesh breaks a hidden code,
But the fingers of frost hold fast.
Relinquished vanity of vanished delight
Breaks bonds of careworn years.
Reach for extremity and grasp
The still diminishing light
Entwined by forlorn shadows of insincerity.
Lydia Martin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Underground, overground by Lydia Martin )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Anecdote of the Jar, Wallace Stevens
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Indian Weavers, Sarojini Naidu
Poem of the Day
- New Birth, Paul Sebastian
- First Encounter - Tan Sri Clement Hii, john tiong chunghoo
- I Chose To Mickey With The Mouse, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Honey-Bee Lover, Paul Sebastian
- How real is This Truth?, michael walkerjohn
- What Bhagavad Gita is not, Bashyam Narayanan
- Sold, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Pain, Pain Knows No Race, Hebert Logerie
- God's Hands Of Love, Tom Zart
- Alone, Samantha Gronn