Under The Sun Thoughts Wander
I've got sun in my eyes.
It's got me in its heat-filled gaze.
People walk by, following them my mind wanders,
as I wonder, what they think when they see me.
Do they really see me, like the sun does?
What do they think about me,
a stranger to their palates?
They probably don't even think about me,
not quite like I think about them.
No doubt, they see just my furrowed brow,
squinting eyes, and my hair -
a tad too poofy today.
I don't know,
I just wonder
as I wander home.
Nika McGuin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Under The Sun Thoughts Wander by Nika McGuin )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(7 June 1917 – 3 December 2000)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Love's Philosophy, Percy Bysshe Shelley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Queen Patrenialla The Story Poem, QueenPatrenia Turner, Royalt ..
- ET part 3, lee fones
- From Green To Gold, Rodrigo Diaz
- Aboude, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Friends 'Forever', Michelle Dragonfly
- You, Michelle Dragonfly
- My Bullshitometer Works Like This..., Mr. Nobody
- Christmas Shopping, Michelle Dragonfly
- Dear You:, Michelle Dragonfly
- Their dreams احلامهم, MOHAMMAD SKATI