Under The Sun Thoughts Wander
I've got sun in my eyes.
It's got me in its heat-filled gaze.
People walk by, following them my mind wanders,
as I wonder, what they think when they see me.
Do they really see me, like the sun does?
What do they think about me,
a stranger to their palates?
They probably don't even think about me,
not quite like I think about them.
No doubt, they see just my furrowed brow,
squinting eyes, and my hair -
a tad too poofy today.
I don't know,
I just wonder
as I wander home.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Under The Sun Thoughts Wander by Nika McGuin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Walking On The Sea, Saiom Shriver
- Flying Snail, Saiom Shriver
- No Squealing, Saiom Shriver
- Sacred Cows, Saiom Shriver
- Make your Mothers Day, Damian Murphy
- Good Morning, Anuradha Bhattacharyya
- soon to be extinct.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- On the Bed of Death, Pintu Mahakul
- Solitary Meanings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Heal the Mind oh Healer, Pintu Mahakul