PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
A flesh and blood of kingly stature
with a modest wallet turned a beggar:
begging was not his cup of tea;
' lashing will ' like a mad whip free,
hard head refused to bend so low,
before a tsunami or moderate a flow,
uttered a prayer; fervent plea;
aimless wander in wilderness lea.
stooping seems never an ' easy-going'.
lion heart cries out at the loud heigh-ho?
all gems, rich gold; all jewellery,
fie on naked lies; all pseudo rivalry.
heart may sink down; head be high;
whispered or loud, a firm solo cry.
PARTHA SARATHI PAUL's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Unbending tree by PARTHA SARATHI PAUL )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(2 November 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- रंजानाय फैगौ, Ronjoy Brahma
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- The Bemused, Robert Plese
- Time's departure, hasmukh amathalal
- We Were Born Naked, Michael Webb
- No race, hasmukh amathalal
- The worst expectation, Nnaji Hyacinth sopuluchukwu
- Samantha's Flight, Kewayne Wadley
- GlassHouse, Kewayne Wadley
- Lost Angel Mambo, Kewayne Wadley
- Always in hurry, hasmukh amathalal
- @ DOT COM, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..