Tomorrow at noon, I am supposed
To do my annual ultra sound,
Mammogram, and bone X rays.
It was supposed to be done two
Weeks ago, but machine
Became out of work all of a sudden.
In the past I used to be full of awe
And tremble from fear from such
Delay. Now I am all surrender to
My destiny, I do not even say oh,
And whatever God had Written
For me is received with much
Happiness and satisfaction.
Blood and manual tests are done,
But I did not read the blood tests’ result
Yet. I joke with my Sudanic doctor about
My standing suitors in lines
As if I were still-
And always will-
Be young and he would laugh
From my daring jokes
That I say when afraid;
How would life and tough
Experiences, change us
We never know? !
nadia abduljabbar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
18 May 2013
Comments about this poem (Ultra Sound by nadia abduljabbar )
- The Life Of A Junkie, John Masaitis
- falling in love after love fell for us, Mandolyn ...
- Birth Of A Boy, John Masaitis
- A Toast to Love, Sara Militello
- Overcoming obstacles, Gerry Legister
- Easy, Curtis Brown
- The Bed, John Foster
- Never the end, Curtis Brown
- LOVE FOLDS, shannon strauss
- Shattered Heart, Curtis Brown