Jacob Okhuelegbe Ukokobili
Uayemen (my safe heaven)
Purest of God's divine creation
Unblemished piece of art at completion
Immaculate and spotless in vision.
My knees kiss the earth at sight of your beauty
Lost in paradise of God's artistry
And puzzled at the ornament of His work.
Quickly your feet i behold
An amazing angel of God
For such i have seen not.
Your eyes like crystal candles
Shines in the castles of heaven
And kingdoms of the earth it brightens.
Swaddled in dazzling purple robe
Am enchanted by ur fragrant rose smell
And astound by your solicitous smile.
Of words i have fallen short
At the tone of the baroque melody
Rendered by host of angels.
With curiosity i listen
As your voice pierce my hrt
Like music of the night.
In stream of love i drown suddenly
Sink in ship of happiness completely
My heart i surrender fondly.
My heart is fragile n dainty
Open not in my heart the vale of tears
For my safe heaven i have found.
Copyright © 2013 The Black Poet.
Jacob Okhuelegbe Ukokobili's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Uayemen (my safe heaven) by Jacob Okhuelegbe Ukokobili )
- "Vae victis! ", Lento Maez
- the death of a little girl, Lizzy Hartwig
- Not Far Off: A New Beginning, M.J Donnchadh
- My Master, Aftab Alam
- There Are Two Worlds, Neela Nath
- Dirt Is Not Love, Neela Nath
- from 'The Double V', Morgan Michaels
- God Feeds the Birds, Dr John Celes
- Floating On, Neela Nath
- Perhaps I Did It Once, Shalom Freedman
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)