Jacob Okhuelegbe Ukokobili
Uayemen (my safe heaven)
Purest of God's divine creation
Unblemished piece of art at completion
Immaculate and spotless in vision.
My knees kiss the earth at sight of your beauty
Lost in paradise of God's artistry
And puzzled at the ornament of His work.
Quickly your feet i behold
An amazing angel of God
For such i have seen not.
Your eyes like crystal candles
Shines in the castles of heaven
And kingdoms of the earth it brightens.
Swaddled in dazzling purple robe
Am enchanted by ur fragrant rose smell
And astound by your solicitous smile.
Of words i have fallen short
At the tone of the baroque melody
Rendered by host of angels.
With curiosity i listen
As your voice pierce my hrt
Like music of the night.
In stream of love i drown suddenly
Sink in ship of happiness completely
My heart i surrender fondly.
My heart is fragile n dainty
Open not in my heart the vale of tears
For my safe heaven i have found.
Copyright © 2013 The Black Poet.
Jacob Okhuelegbe Ukokobili's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Uayemen (my safe heaven) by Jacob Okhuelegbe Ukokobili )
- Tonight And Every Night, Michael McParland
- Ongoing Mental De-Evolution, michael walkerjohn
- Crossroads Of Destiny, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Spaces Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I Know Why Old People Are Sometimes Very.., Shalom Freedman
- Speaking Loudly, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Sure, Michael McParland
- Into The Air, Robert Eckstein
- Loving you, Jesus James Llorico
- Fly away, Sagrario Garcia
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1927)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)