I don't expect a call, though I stay up through the night,
I know my apologies cant make it better, but I'll miss you all my life.
When you see me now, my smile isn't fake, I just want to be the risk you take.
I never planned that my promises would brake, never thought I'd ever make this mistake.
Whenever we talk, I always feel defeated.
It's like you know every weakness, the memory cannot be deleted.
I was having a dream, then you took over, &your voice was all I heard.
Every night, even when I'm sober, you say that I get what I deserve.
So, I know I regret things, &I know I can't make it right.
But you've always been my angel, every day & every night.
Every line is the truth, &you deserve that you see,
Because you put up with everything &in the end you still love me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
28 April 2013
Comments about this poem (Two, X by Jennie Supermad )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Invisible people, Lubinda Lubinda
- Eternity, Tushar Ray
- It, Gilbert Ortega
- The Approach, Gilbert Ortega
- Mona Lisa Canvas, Gilbert Ortega
- Passion Play, Gilbert Ortega
- The Gatekeeper part 2 (In memory of Edga.., Gilbert Ortega
- AGAINST FORGETTING, George Dee Vuy
- The Gatekeeper part 1 (In memory of Edga.., Gilbert Ortega
- For Jennifer, Gilbert Ortega