I don't expect a call, though I stay up through the night,
I know my apologies cant make it better, but I'll miss you all my life.
When you see me now, my smile isn't fake, I just want to be the risk you take.
I never planned that my promises would brake, never thought I'd ever make this mistake.
Whenever we talk, I always feel defeated.
It's like you know every weakness, the memory cannot be deleted.
I was having a dream, then you took over, &your voice was all I heard.
Every night, even when I'm sober, you say that I get what I deserve.
So, I know I regret things, &I know I can't make it right.
But you've always been my angel, every day & every night.
Every line is the truth, &you deserve that you see,
Because you put up with everything &in the end you still love me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
28 April 2013
Comments about this poem (Two, X by Jennie Supermad )
- Depression, Alesia Leach
- Seashore Gratitude, Liilia Talts Morrison
- The Path Of The King, vince gullaci
- The Present, bryan wallace
- Vieze oren, Schone ogen, Madrason writer
- The Purple Lady., Achill Ladd
- My World, Douglas ClearyMaxwell
- Just Write It, Mark R. Elias
- A PHOTOGRAPH OF MYSELF AT AGE TEN, TAKEN.., NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- Dainty Little Poem, Mark R. Elias
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)