I don't expect a call, though I stay up through the night,
I know my apologies cant make it better, but I'll miss you all my life.
When you see me now, my smile isn't fake, I just want to be the risk you take.
I never planned that my promises would brake, never thought I'd ever make this mistake.
Whenever we talk, I always feel defeated.
It's like you know every weakness, the memory cannot be deleted.
I was having a dream, then you took over, &your voice was all I heard.
Every night, even when I'm sober, you say that I get what I deserve.
So, I know I regret things, &I know I can't make it right.
But you've always been my angel, every day & every night.
Every line is the truth, &you deserve that you see,
Because you put up with everything &in the end you still love me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
28 April 2013
Comments about this poem (Two, X by Jennie Supermad )
- Flight of Chance, michael walkerjohn
- A Patch of Earth under a Thatch of Sky , John Tansey
- Genuine The Gift, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- I Asked You, Vera Sidhwa
- Shifting Rules, Noah Body
- Let me name one, gajanan mishra
- Moy Serena Venera, YA tebya lyublyu, yes.., Hebert Logerie
- My heart, James Berth
- Where will she be, hasmukh amathalal
- Drinking God's Beauty, Vera Sidhwa
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Let Me Die A Youngman's Death, Roger McGough
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Woman Work, Maya Angelou
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)