I don't expect a call, though I stay up through the night,
I know my apologies cant make it better, but I'll miss you all my life.
When you see me now, my smile isn't fake, I just want to be the risk you take.
I never planned that my promises would brake, never thought I'd ever make this mistake.
Whenever we talk, I always feel defeated.
It's like you know every weakness, the memory cannot be deleted.
I was having a dream, then you took over, &your voice was all I heard.
Every night, even when I'm sober, you say that I get what I deserve.
So, I know I regret things, &I know I can't make it right.
But you've always been my angel, every day & every night.
Every line is the truth, &you deserve that you see,
Because you put up with everything &in the end you still love me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
28 April 2013
Comments about this poem (Two, X by Jennie Supermad )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Mistakes, Delia Anna
- I'ts Not a Sin to Love You Like This..., wanderer sailor
- Psalm 096, Forrest Hainline
- Slaves To Appearances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Changes Can Be Painful, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Rain Affects Incident Light, mary douglas
- Maypole Dancing Dulcet As Spring, mary douglas
- Wish to Say Something, V P Mahur
- Nuclear Love, Monk E. Biz
- Wish Day Or Wash Day And Combine, mary douglas