Two Sticks On The Street
The way I look to you
Is the way we see each
One and the other like a
Bowl of peas, you and me.
Then there is your funny smile
The show of bleached teeth and
The cackling of your coarse voice
Like a tickled horse, but worse.
I do not know how it
Happened so. Like a shot of
Vodka. Or when cubes fall in
Place. Adjusted, the way they should.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Two Sticks On The Street by Ahou Koutchess )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Slouches, Mae AC.
- My Keyboard Gentely Weeps, Michael P. McParland
- My Gift, Michael P. McParland
- Raises Eyebrows, Mae AC.
- My Friend Mee Too, Michael P. McParland
- My Dear Sweet Kira, Michael P. McParland
- My Angel, Michael P. McParland
- Sits up, Mae AC.
- Mee Too You Are Missed, Michael P. McParland
- Mee Too (Words Of Love), Michael P. McParland