Ma, remembering you
My eyes well up with tears;
Realize what I have lost
Nothing equals your love and care.
The day you were leaving me,
Not that you ever wanted to,
Your eyes were fixed at me,
Pain had turned the face blue.
I made you fight till the end.
Yes, I did lie to you.
The world had given it up,
But a wonder I needed, I knew.
When your life was left in a skeleton
And your pain had touched the sky,
I prayed to God to take you;
Did you read that in my eyes?
You took pain for me through your life
For me, you even fought death
When I couldn’t take it anymore
For me, you dropped the last breath.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Twentieth June by Kingshuk Chakraborty )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- To the dodo, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj
- what are you for me, Lalit Kaira
- The elephant in the refrigerator, Diana Rosser
- Hilton at Milton,, lee fones
- In a time without time!, Adriana Istrefi
- In Praise of Nobility (Twenty-Five), Rubaba Mmahajia Rahma Sabtiu
- In Praise of Nobility (Twenty-Four), Rubaba Mmahajia Rahma Sabtiu
- Truth Lies - Kids Stuff -how2builddefenc.., sEaN nOrTh
- In Praise of Nobility (Eighteen), Rubaba Mmahajia Rahma Sabtiu
- With silver spoon one, hasmukh amathalal