What a dreadful catastrophe
Took away the last breadth of thousands
Without giving a single moment
In a second, world is changed
Dilapidated and collapsed so is she
The devastating disaster left her with no choice
But to be homeless, crippled and vulnerable,
Merely an orphan in this big planet
Now she won, t be lying in her mother's lap
Nor her father will be there to pat her
Her siblings won't be around her to chase
Humanity is bereaved of Almighty 's bliss
She is all alone in this
Naked unclad world.
Deprived of a beautiful childhood
Victimized in profanity
Bereft of affectionate shelter
Unshielded in crisis
Dangling in a dilemma to live or to die
Enigma has engulfed her
The world around her has collapsed in no time
Not a single mortal soul to attend her relentless cry
Solitude has engrossed her with frightful thoughts
Though our civilization is at its peak
Android has tamed the resources of nature
But lost its glory to the whims of nature.
Catastrophe has tarnished the pride of techno civilization.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Tsunami by Shila Sinha )
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Tuavatara!, Ravikumar C.P.
- Mystery Caller, Ravikumar C.P.
- Do, my dear, gajanan mishra
- Cinders of Life, Tim Labbe
- Aiy Mere Khuda Aiy Mere Khuda, Akhtar Jawad
- State of being, Ravikumar C.P.
- Flight, S.Michael Kozubek
- Undoubtedly something has gone wrong, Ravikumar C.P.
- Fire brand - Judge, gajanan mishra
- One grid, hasmukh amathalal