What a dreadful catastrophe
Took away the last breadth of thousands
Without giving a single moment
In a second, world is changed
Dilapidated and collapsed so is she
The devastating disaster left her with no choice
But to be homeless, crippled and vulnerable,
Merely an orphan in this big planet
Now she won, t be lying in her mother's lap
Nor her father will be there to pat her
Her siblings won't be around her to chase
Humanity is bereaved of Almighty 's bliss
She is all alone in this
Naked unclad world.
Deprived of a beautiful childhood
Victimized in profanity
Bereft of affectionate shelter
Unshielded in crisis
Dangling in a dilemma to live or to die
Enigma has engulfed her
The world around her has collapsed in no time
Not a single mortal soul to attend her relentless cry
Solitude has engrossed her with frightful thoughts
Though our civilization is at its peak
Android has tamed the resources of nature
But lost its glory to the whims of nature.
Catastrophe has tarnished the pride of techno civilization.
Shila Sinha's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Tsunami by Shila Sinha )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Directors Are Cap Off Scot-Free, Terence G. Craddock
- Prime Truth - 81, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Relation is by woman, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- life without you, kiranjot kaur thiara
- Tantrayana philosophy, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- just hoping & wishing, kiranjot kaur thiara
- The Storm Comes, Greg Davidson
- Desert-haiku, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- just searching..: -(, kiranjot kaur thiara
- Blame and aspersion are established on t.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan