foufa la perle
Try To Understand
I stood lonely in nowhere…
screaming society killed my friend!
I only used my mind to travel everywhere,
wondering if this is the closest end.
I don’t know why I got lost in this world,
why did I ever dare to take a look back?
I don’t know what does it even mean; this word,
what could I ever lose if I already have a bad luck?
[Chorus] -after all, take a deep breath,
try to hear, try to feel…
no need to pretend… please; try to understand.
I feel something deep inside that I can’t explain with lyrics,
and I have about a million ideas flying around my head.
That always remind me of the day, we were just kids,
the day; you left scars on my heart and my hand…
Do you even think about it before you leave to your dreams land?
Isn’t there anything possible to bring you around?
My mind keeps saying, forgive and forget…
but, it’s really hard to move on and getting ready to stand, all over again!
I’d climb a mountain, I’d scream… try to catch me now!
You gave me no choice only to live in my purple world,
where I hide my dreams, which never let me sleep at night…
You always were there to judge me for who I am,
trying to make me feel like I’m nothing…
don’t you know that we’ll meet each other again,
where, you’d say… why the hell she still smiling?
I think it’s time to let go, to feel happy once again,
“forever” doesn’t mean the same for me now…
I guess that I’ll spend the rest of my life singing… perfectly fine!
I’m sorry, but I’m ready to put our “everything” down.
foufa la perle's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Try To Understand by foufa la perle )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
Poem of the Day
- They are my horses, Jessica Paige Davies
- HOW THEY ALL FALL, Terry Collett
- Caucus at the Parking Meter, Donal Mahoney
- A Small Something, Jessica Paige Davies
- Shrouded, Jessica Paige Davies
- I Live, Tanja Henderson
- This year, maryline vautravers
- Friends, maryline vautravers
- Cuba…..God's Betrayal……….Perhaps, James B. Earley
- Poetic-Spectator*, Tushar Ray