True Love Hurts
if love was a light
and the earth was the soul
Can it be truth
or can it be coal
no one has ever found that feeling,
the feeling when you find true love
because you wonder if it even is true!
untill you put on cinderella's shoe
you think that everything has a happy ending
just like in those fairy tales
but you still never give up
even if you know it fails
a wedding is just False
you think that you have found true love
you know that you will get divorced someday
no matter how strong, you just have had enough
a wedding is supposed to be the greatest day of your life
not your worst
especially after he say's 'i now pronounce you husband and wife'
so ask yourself
have you REALLY found true love?
Karen Weimorts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (True Love Hurts by Karen Weimorts )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Repetition Compulsion Syndrome, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- ETC1, shuvo chakraborty
- Gamble with faith, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Brain is the link., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Fireworks Of Ideas, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sleep it away., Gary Hembree
- Adil Jussawalla The Poet, Bijay Kant Dubey
- It's Morning, Dr Ronnie Bai
- She and He, Dr Ronnie Bai
- My last regret, Eliza Clair