I've heard stories of such a place?
People live, free from fear,
Meeting all, with warm embrace,
No rumors, in what we hear.
Tend others needs, endlessly,
Each new day without a care,
Never a turn toward jealousy,
Instead always, an equal share.
If there was, a need for law,
Everyone, would surely abide,
Written for the good of all,
Most naturally would coincide.
No one to tell us what to do,
As if we didn’t know by now,
A specialized point of view,
Inside each one, to endow.
Live within, each new breath,
One on one, with nature,
Worry nothing about death,
The next moment, to capture.
Perhaps it’s only in my mind,
As I long, to visit often,
Leaving reality far behind,
Childish dreams; to soften.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (True Freedom by G.R. Gaus )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(15 April 1958)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- QUARTER! 2015 Australian Open: Djokovic .., Vincent Wendele
Poem of the Day
- Esprit de corps, Naveed Khalid
- Almost A Decade, Rimni chakravarty
- A Visit To Your Home Amongst A Field of .., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- The Cavern by the Sea, Martha Lavinia Hoffman
- Of The Second Presage..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- A Smile!, Avinash Nair
- mGIC TREE, oskar hansen
- innocence, abdirahman haaji rilwaan
- MOST LIVING PEOPLE, Michael P. Johnson
- Beautiful rose, Andytics mufc