I've heard stories of such a place?
People live, free from fear,
Meeting all, with warm embrace,
No rumors, in what we hear.
Tend others needs, endlessly,
Each new day without a care,
Never a turn toward jealousy,
Instead always, an equal share.
If there was, a need for law,
Everyone, would surely abide,
Written for the good of all,
Most naturally would coincide.
No one to tell us what to do,
As if we didn’t know by now,
A specialized point of view,
Inside each one, to endow.
Live within, each new breath,
One on one, with nature,
Worry nothing about death,
The next moment, to capture.
Perhaps it’s only in my mind,
As I long, to visit often,
Leaving reality far behind,
Childish dreams; to soften.
G.R. Gaus's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (True Freedom by G.R. Gaus )
- The whooper, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The flood., Harold R Hunt Sr
- I can't sleep at night., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Matter Has No Matter, Curtlan Popo
- The snow is pretty., Harold R Hunt Sr
- The bells do ring., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Apple Pie., Harold R Hunt Sr
- The horror show., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Spring, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Love for gramma, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- The Rider, Naomi Shihab Nye
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Naomi Shihab Nye
(12 March 1952)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(18 November 1939)