Whose paintings convey the truth?
Artists prejudging from their narrow point of view
Or is Art more encompassing than prejudice of the eye?
As I wander from frame to frame and ponder upon the:
Hearts of oils, acrylic, charcoals, fine pencils, marbles to bronzes
What if frozen tongues can speak freely to me on one- to- one basis?
Away from daily artificial light or switched on nightly shadows
What truth would they convey?
What tales of misgivings would unleash?
When true art freed from jailed dreams!
Stereotypes gel young and old hearts alike
No matter the quantity of knowledge caught inside personal nets
History has plenty evidence supporting biased views
Permission to dominate and subjugate no excuse
Why thorns prick hands of ignorance!
Any color by other means
Might seem bright and sunny beyond our ease
But deep within lurk graying hearts
Dying from irregular palpitation quotations
We ought to discern right from wrong
Greater than the veil of stereotypes
Next time when minds travel the highways of life
Old thoughts stare at souls that seem bare at first
Even desserts bloom beyond the eyes of spring
Where life seems remote out of reach from reigning hands
Slam the breaks vacate this road travelled on
Rest stops are meant to stop, revive, survive and strive
Be forewarn blanket ideas that pave the next stagnant road
Tables will turn and master becomes the arrogant little toad!
October 13 2013
Revised Oct 15th 2013
-Copyright Leaking Pen 2013-
Leaking Pen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (True Art by Leaking Pen )
- Migrants Plight, Paul Sebastian
- Sharing Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Human in art, hasmukh amathalal
- Legacy Of Goodness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Snowflakes, Wani Rahil
- Moments That Never Were, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- TREASURE ISLAND: Overall Statistics, Frank Avon
- Poet's mind, hasmukh amathalal
- Senses Flavorful Sounds, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Behind everything, SALINI NAIR
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- City That Does Not Sleep, Federico García Lorca
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
(July 15 1964)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Heather Burns