Tribute To My Most Beloved Artist, Van Gogh
It was the night filled with the magic of tranquility, punctuated by the steeple of the village church;
All abodes have fallen asleep for there was only few flickering lamps lit like dimming stars;
Waving golden wheat fields now appeared as being painted deep dark blue.
Here and there are a few shrubs, mostly hedges around the houses of peasants can be distinguished
Against the distant hilly background,
Which appears to be smoothed out by the artist's brush strokes.
One tall evergreen tree is trying to reach heaven with all its stretch and might;
For the sky is filled with turbulent movements of stale air circulating around all brilliant stars.
Night clouds are going nowhere, just floating shaped in greyish curls like ghosts
Who are still haunting in the lonely homeless artist's soul,
Who lies down to rest under the pillow made out of rock,
thinking what his life would be like if he was born into the distant stars.
Then suddenly back to reality, he screams in pain,
Stars of heaven now you just all descend in my exploded head!
Oh, the great pain in my head!
Take me away, my companion pain
Don Nguyen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Tribute To My Most Beloved Artist, Van Gogh by Don Nguyen )
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Fließendes Grün, Floy Dy (Floyd) Ra (Floydson)
- Release yourself, Elena Ioannou
- BETCHE SAID PATIENCE, ANTHONY KIRUI
- Crazy Thing, Leah Ayliffe
- A Thought A Head, Ima Ryma
- **कधी कधी **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** सागं ना 2 **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** अबोल भावना मनातल्या **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- I am Not Alone, Sandra Feldman
- When the flower withers, Leong Ming Loong