Nature made us all,
With the power to make us shine.
But as hard as she tries and tries,
Some of us are simply like trees,
Looking at the world with beauty,
Appreciating it with pure light joy.
Trees cry inside when they see rain,
They smile when they see a child.
Trees love every part of themselves,
Although they cannot move but feel
The pain that cannot leave them alone.
Trees feel kindness with one touch,
But at the same time won’t react
To the same hand cutting their soul.
They try and try and try,
But as hard as they try
They can never seem to find the word
The one some think of so much.
Their flesh moves inside more and more,
But outside they just feel the hand
That daily feeds and takes away.
Trees never yell at you
But at the same time never scream
Though they fear the feeling after that,
What might strike them alive.
Trees concentrate hard to read you,
But seemed to be unreadable themselves.
Trees take you up high and let you see,
But when they see that you let them fall
They simply stare and have nothing to say.
Karen GonzalezVidela's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Trees by Karen GonzalezVidela )
- ZZ Bomb Abroad. Spank At Home, Saiom Shriver
- Dreams Go, Yohan Confectioner
- All God's 792 Poems Are Free To Preach &.., Tom Zart
- Nevermore, Yohan Confectioner
- Seed Of Sin, George Egba
- Nissim, You Saw The Indian Patriot And S.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Rules, gajanan mishra
- Alan Jay Lerner, Saiom Shriver
- A retrospect, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Acts and rules, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)