Nature made us all,
With the power to make us shine.
But as hard as she tries and tries,
Some of us are simply like trees,
Looking at the world with beauty,
Appreciating it with pure light joy.
Trees cry inside when they see rain,
They smile when they see a child.
Trees love every part of themselves,
Although they cannot move but feel
The pain that cannot leave them alone.
Trees feel kindness with one touch,
But at the same time won’t react
To the same hand cutting their soul.
They try and try and try,
But as hard as they try
They can never seem to find the word
The one some think of so much.
Their flesh moves inside more and more,
But outside they just feel the hand
That daily feeds and takes away.
Trees never yell at you
But at the same time never scream
Though they fear the feeling after that,
What might strike them alive.
Trees concentrate hard to read you,
But seemed to be unreadable themselves.
Trees take you up high and let you see,
But when they see that you let them fall
They simply stare and have nothing to say.
Karen GonzalezVidela's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Trees by Karen GonzalezVidela )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- I Knew a Woman, Theodore Roethke
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- The Man, Victor Kretzie
- Again, Joseph Archer
- the business of cuisine, oskar hansen
- For You And I, Edward Kofi Louis
- Crucifixion of th' Soul..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Beware Of Mankind, Edward Kofi Louis
- Bigtha, Edward Kofi Louis
- Love Me Girl, Joseph Archer
- One Christmas Eve From The North..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Neryah, Edward Kofi Louis