I was born, and the only child.
Mom and Dad took good care of me.
But when I was ten, life went wild,
Changed forever my family.
Mom and Dad started acting strange,
Lots of family counseling.
Then Mom and Dad began to change,
But love was still the constant thing.
Not many know what it's about -
Switching between husband and wife.
Therapists are helping us out.
Transgender is a fact of life.
So Dad is Mom and Mom is Dad.
Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Transparents by Ima Ryma )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Stars, Joyce Kilmer
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)