Romella Kitchens (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)
It is very clear there is a sacred within us.
It is as lucid as externals like skin or flesh.
A house of solidly ethereal bones.
Within it all those spiritual children running.
All those small but important sacred feet,
making exquisite, impeccable steps.
All of the dead before you and the dead after you.
Take your place in line between these.
If there is no place you ever belonged, the finite is not
lacking in earnest interest, nor efficiency or concern.
The guests who came with you are going. Follow their
Romella Kitchens's Other Poems
- A Walk In The Cemetery -new-
- AKA: The Brief Season
- Beautiful Are The People Of India: 1961
- Beautiful Are The People Of India: Poem ...
- Broken-Hearted Blues
- Brown Sugar Babies
- 'Comments 0n Existence'
- Due To You: The Litany
- How i Used 2 Write When i Wuz Young
- It Is All Etched In Crayola
- La Luna Di Donne Sagge (The Moon Of Wise...
- La Tombre Sin Nombre
- Letter To The Aging -new-
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.