Ferdinand L Quintos
Tragedy Exploited (Tacloban)
Times of tragedies and calamities
bring out in men contrasting qualities
done with what is called equanimity,
calmness and evenness of mind, they say.
Typhoon Yolanda brought the crucible
with her wrath and fury so horrible
in Tacloban, a Visayas city,
one place that bore its full ferocity.
Many people ignored their own safety,
each fired up by true equanimity,
to save precious lives, salvage property,
imposed on self as their civic duty.
In sharp contrast, on videograph seen,
humongous groups of evil-mended men,
equanimously prowled with evil thought
searched here and there for things to take as loot.
All the while God was surely looking down,
observing who He will recompense well,
marking off with fearful imperial frown
the men whose soul He will destine to hell.
Ferdinand L Quintos's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tragedy Exploited (Tacloban) by Ferdinand L Quintos )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Let Us Enjoy The Tiny Moments Of Life!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Meanderings, Naveed Khalid
- The Love To Motherland, Bulat Okudzhava
- Pastimes Of Poetry, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Think tank, gajanan mishra
- Be thankfull, obed obser
- My Generation, Bulat Okudzhava
- The Midnight Trolley Bus, Bulat Okudzhava
- Now Falling, Bulat Okudzhava
- Oh, You, Fancies, Bulat Okudzhava