Tower of Souls III
The traveller succumbs
Shelter he seeks
Black hearted and weak
Door pushed! It creaks.
I hear the beat of its wings
The harbinger of death
It's lament it sings
As it steals my last breath.
It circles the tower
It's shrill tone
Climbing higher and higher
Pulling at the one alone.
Lightening lights the towers window
A visual portal into hell itself
Feel the walls closing in
As the death black crow does sing.
A brush of it wings
Brings my hands to my face
Head drops in dread
As it lands on my head.
Head bowed low
The peck of the crow
Shrills sharply at it victory
To the floor I cower.
Robert Green's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tower of Souls III by Robert Green )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- ONE MORE TIME, Romeo Della Valle
- Why Must You Own Me?, Monk E. Biz
- Crescent Cradle, Saiom Shriver
- Flowers Do Eventually Wilt, Hazel Durham
- No se amor, Sergio Jaime
- Haiku: Colored Perceptions, Brian Johnston
- Poppy and Moppy, Brian P FitzGerald
- 'Nightmare of 'Annabel Lee', Shania K. Younce
- I heard him, Nassy Fesharaki
- WAIL ON, WOLE, Onwuasoanya FCC Jones