Tower of Souls III
The traveller succumbs
Shelter he seeks
Black hearted and weak
Door pushed! It creaks.
I hear the beat of its wings
The harbinger of death
It's lament it sings
As it steals my last breath.
It circles the tower
It's shrill tone
Climbing higher and higher
Pulling at the one alone.
Lightening lights the towers window
A visual portal into hell itself
Feel the walls closing in
As the death black crow does sing.
A brush of it wings
Brings my hands to my face
Head drops in dread
As it lands on my head.
Head bowed low
The peck of the crow
Shrills sharply at it victory
To the floor I cower.
Robert Green's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tower of Souls III by Robert Green )
- Flower & Sickle, Arno Le Roux
- There must be people around., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love implicit, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Thanksgiving, ramesh rai
- Thanksgiving Day 2014 For Jakie, Shalom Freedman
- Think Alike, Naveed Akram
- The Gods and Heaven.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- The Troubled Box, Naveed Akram
- Colored, Caylin stansberry
- Leave, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(18 November 1939)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)