ToThe Preachers (The Second Advent Doctrines)
Here you are talking about;
Being 'changed in the twinkling of an eye.'
If the Lord should come,
He'd change you to nothing!
For there is nothing to you.
You seem to be expecting to go to some parlor
Away up somewhere,
And when the wicked have been burnt,
You are coming back to walk in triumph
Over their ashes–
This is to be your New Jerusalem!
Now, I can't see any thing so very nice in that,
Coming back to such a mess as that will be,
A world covered with the ashes of the wicked!
Besides, if the Lord comes and burns–
As you say He will–
I am not going away;
I am going to stay here
And stand the fire,
like Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego!
And Jesus will walk with me through the fire,
And keep me from harm.
Nothing belonging to God can burn,
Any more than God himself;
Such shall have no need
To go away to escape the fire!
No, I shall remain.
Do you tell me;
That God's children can't stand fire?'
It is absurd to think so!'
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (ToThe Preachers (The Second Advent Doctrines) by Sojourner Truth )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Finish This List Of Chores, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Good circle, hasmukh amathalal
- Live with this moment, gajanan mishra
- The loss may be, hasmukh amathalal
- Stay free from desires, gajanan mishra
- G O P....Profiling - The Black Republican, James B. Earley
- Destroy not, gajanan mishra
- I Have Friends, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Leave It As That, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Love & Light, Maharishi Deja Vu