ToThe Preachers (The Second Advent Doctrines)
Here you are talking about;
Being 'changed in the twinkling of an eye.'
If the Lord should come,
He'd change you to nothing!
For there is nothing to you.
You seem to be expecting to go to some parlor
Away up somewhere,
And when the wicked have been burnt,
You are coming back to walk in triumph
Over their ashes–
This is to be your New Jerusalem!
Now, I can't see any thing so very nice in that,
Coming back to such a mess as that will be,
A world covered with the ashes of the wicked!
Besides, if the Lord comes and burns–
As you say He will–
I am not going away;
I am going to stay here
And stand the fire,
like Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego!
And Jesus will walk with me through the fire,
And keep me from harm.
Nothing belonging to God can burn,
Any more than God himself;
Such shall have no need
To go away to escape the fire!
No, I shall remain.
Do you tell me;
That God's children can't stand fire?'
It is absurd to think so!'
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (ToThe Preachers (The Second Advent Doctrines) by Sojourner Truth )
- The Ocean's Gates, Brandt Nightingale
- Tribute to the King, Tania Montgomery
- Abyss, Donald R Charon
- Ode to the Busker, Tania Montgomery
- I have forgotten who I am, gajanan mishra
- Love is a liquid ~~~ vs.56, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- HE IS A MAN, Donald R Charon
- Dead Stone, ramesh rai
- Our Lives, Sandra Feldman
- All Mine, For Me, Donald R Charon
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- To Someone Special On PoemHunter, Electric Lady
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Night Has A Thousand Eyes, Francis William Bourdillon
- Cleanliness and Happiness, chandra thiagarajan
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Ono no Komachi
(c. 825—c. 900))
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)