Top of the Mountain
You came upon a mountain that seemed so hard to climb
To undertake a task so great will really take some time
As you held your head up high peering up to the top
Your heart began to race and your courage started to drop
I need some time to think you said and then you began to ponder
That mountain that I started to climb is very high up yonder
Get to the top of the mountain by taking one step at a time
No need be in a hurry since you did not commit a crime
Take a deep breath with all your might and start to move ahead
Success in life is up to you no matter what others have said
Continue to climb that mountain until the top looms near
It takes a strong will for survival and also many a tear
Every inch was a struggle many heartaches along the way
The time it took to reach the top did not happen all in a day
You finally achieved the goal in life that you always wanted to do
Others might help you along the way but the rest is up to you
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Top of the Mountain by Patricia Grantham )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- Nice platform, hasmukh amathalal
- Mu jaha karibaku jauchhi (Odia), gajanan mishra
- What I am going to do, gajanan mishra
- It's My Lie, Leria Hawkins
- O, Believe! Yes, Believe!, Chris Schleier, Jr.
- The Best Is Yet To Come, Chris Schleier, Jr.
- Hope, Chris Schleier, Jr.
- Let the fire, gajanan mishra
- I Hear Her Singing, Chris Schleier, Jr.
- New Déjà Vu, Maharishi Deja Vu