Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
Too Unique and Genuine
Perhaps my giving it to you,
Came too easy for you to believe.
Perhaps to you the love I gave and shown,
Was not thought from me just yours alone.
Exclusively given as it was but unknown.
Perhaps your seeking for someone better,
Will one day end your search to shed light...
To remember what I gave and for you felt,
Had been too unique and genuine then.
And not yet had been in your sight to own.
Perhaps that day when the Sunset begins,
And on your mind I am without end...
You will remember me and the times we spent,
And how I tolerated your mistreatment.
With a knowing your feelings for me deceived.
Poet Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.