Lawrence S. Pertillar
Too Unique and Genuine
Perhaps my giving it to you,
Came too easy for you to believe.
Perhaps to you the love I gave and shown,
Was not thought from me just yours alone.
Exclusively given as it was but unknown.
Perhaps your seeking for someone better,
Will one day end your search to shed light...
To remember what I gave and for you felt,
Had been too unique and genuine then.
And not yet had been in your sight to own.
Perhaps that day when the Sunset begins,
And on your mind I am without end...
You will remember me and the times we spent,
And how I tolerated your mistreatment.
With a knowing your feelings for me deceived.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Too Unique and Genuine by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- The Ocean's Gates, Brandt Nightingale
- Tribute to the King, Tania Montgomery
- Abyss, Donald R Charon
- Ode to the Busker, Tania Montgomery
- I have forgotten who I am, gajanan mishra
- Love is a liquid ~~~ vs.56, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- HE IS A MAN, Donald R Charon
- Dead Stone, ramesh rai
- Our Lives, Sandra Feldman
- All Mine, For Me, Donald R Charon
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- To Someone Special On PoemHunter, Electric Lady
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Night Has A Thousand Eyes, Francis William Bourdillon
- Cleanliness and Happiness, chandra thiagarajan
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Ono no Komachi
(c. 825—c. 900))
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)