Lawrence S. Pertillar
Too Unique and Genuine
Perhaps my giving it to you,
Came too easy for you to believe.
Perhaps to you the love I gave and shown,
Was not thought from me just yours alone.
Exclusively given as it was but unknown.
Perhaps your seeking for someone better,
Will one day end your search to shed light...
To remember what I gave and for you felt,
Had been too unique and genuine then.
And not yet had been in your sight to own.
Perhaps that day when the Sunset begins,
And on your mind I am without end...
You will remember me and the times we spent,
And how I tolerated your mistreatment.
With a knowing your feelings for me deceived.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Too Unique and Genuine by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Did you read them?
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Stars, Joyce Kilmer
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)