Lawrence S. Pertillar
Too Unique and Genuine
Perhaps my giving it to you,
Came too easy for you to believe.
Perhaps to you the love I gave and shown,
Was not thought from me just yours alone.
Exclusively given as it was but unknown.
Perhaps your seeking for someone better,
Will one day end your search to shed light...
To remember what I gave and for you felt,
Had been too unique and genuine then.
And not yet had been in your sight to own.
Perhaps that day when the Sunset begins,
And on your mind I am without end...
You will remember me and the times we spent,
And how I tolerated your mistreatment.
With a knowing your feelings for me deceived.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Too Unique and Genuine by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Now, D.L. Aceves
- *Jacaranda Bloom, C. P. Sharma
- We are free, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Parasite, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- clueless life..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- An anonymous smile, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Where, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- I don't sleep, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- First Visit to the Old Port, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta