Too much ado about birthdays? ? ?
.i had experience bdays...
on a hospital corridor...
doing nothing but..
battling bottled up emotions..
what had made me survive
some greetings from texters
here there and everywhere
i had too that birthday
inside a bus
nothing to sit on
i cling on a rail
and my feet ache
yet my heart is contented
for i am doing such..
for the benefit of many..
i had my birthday on..
a hospital bed..
surviving the pains
of an operation on my feet
whew what a heck i slept
and when i woke up
it was no longer my natal day
then i had a birthday
inside a church..and
the church goers sang
happy birthday to you...
and my soul leaps with joy
..then i had another one
a mass dedicated to my birthday..
and that makes me full
of God's graces..
now i am in a dream
where will my next birthday be?
in a comfort room?
in a beach?
in a hotel?
in a ship? or in heaven?
that only God knows.
villiamor calventas's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Too much ado about birthdays? ? ? by villiamor calventas )
- Days Gone, Spiritwind Wood
- Spark of a thought, Laxman Rao
- A Judgmental Society, Savino Terrazas
- Right Now, Michael McParland
- Little Mosque, Mohja Kahf
- The creative grit.., Laxman Rao
- Like A Gentle Rain, Spiritwind Wood
- The paradox of becoming a Man, Nancy Handabile
- Quran, The Ways of Ascent, Mohja Kahf
- 'My Persuasion' Over 'Her Coyness'., Prabhat Priyadarshi
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(17 July 1674 – 25 November 1748)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
John Greenleaf Whittier
(17 December 1807 – 7 September 1892)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
James Whitcomb Riley
(7 October 1849 - 22 July 1916)
Edgar Lee Masters
(23 August 1868 – 5 March 1950)
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Victor Marie Hugo
(26 February 1802 – 22 May 1885)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)