Too much ado about birthdays? ? ?
.i had experience bdays...
on a hospital corridor...
doing nothing but..
battling bottled up emotions..
what had made me survive
some greetings from texters
here there and everywhere
i had too that birthday
inside a bus
nothing to sit on
i cling on a rail
and my feet ache
yet my heart is contented
for i am doing such..
for the benefit of many..
i had my birthday on..
a hospital bed..
surviving the pains
of an operation on my feet
whew what a heck i slept
and when i woke up
it was no longer my natal day
then i had a birthday
inside a church..and
the church goers sang
happy birthday to you...
and my soul leaps with joy
..then i had another one
a mass dedicated to my birthday..
and that makes me full
of God's graces..
now i am in a dream
where will my next birthday be?
in a comfort room?
in a beach?
in a hotel?
in a ship? or in heaven?
that only God knows.
villiamor calventas's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Too much ado about birthdays? ? ? by villiamor calventas )
- Sailstarred, Sandsifting, Seaweed Script.., Saiom Shriver
- The art of love and affection!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Heaven with the Creator, Althea Marshall Wypyszczak
- Prison diary, Shikdar Waliuzzaman
- Mules, Saiom Shriver
- Abandoned Cocoon, Saiom Shriver
- I would cross, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Sometimes, Mark Webster
- Things of crumbs, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- The Lighthouse, Sarah Liz Bowman
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)