Too much ado about birthdays? ? ?
.i had experience bdays...
on a hospital corridor...
doing nothing but..
battling bottled up emotions..
what had made me survive
some greetings from texters
here there and everywhere
i had too that birthday
inside a bus
nothing to sit on
i cling on a rail
and my feet ache
yet my heart is contented
for i am doing such..
for the benefit of many..
i had my birthday on..
a hospital bed..
surviving the pains
of an operation on my feet
whew what a heck i slept
and when i woke up
it was no longer my natal day
then i had a birthday
inside a church..and
the church goers sang
happy birthday to you...
and my soul leaps with joy
..then i had another one
a mass dedicated to my birthday..
and that makes me full
of God's graces..
now i am in a dream
where will my next birthday be?
in a comfort room?
in a beach?
in a hotel?
in a ship? or in heaven?
that only God knows.
villiamor calventas's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Too much ado about birthdays? ? ? by villiamor calventas )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Follower, Seamus Heaney
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- The Riches, Cee Bea
- Forgotten, Priyanka Bhowmick
- The courage to fight, Yisel Chong
- Segment replicates the Whole, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- The Monday After The Weekend, Ernest Elliot Daka
- More than my knowing, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- These are snow, as far as I know, Pijush Biswas
- 1, Diane Hine
- Love Note 7, Michael P. McParland
- Cold and Sombre, Rimni chakravarty