Today I Swallowed a Sunset
and if I still have the power to love I will love everything that died
first in myself and I’m buried so deeply in the flesh that the convicts
ask me for theirlast cigarette and last blessing, and the self-murderers
only my nails want to choke on. and if I still have power
I will wipe their eyes with black handkerchiefs
that I have cried before.
and if I still have power I will make my own sun
out of a circle and a flame and I will pass my loneliness
through it. and if I still have power I will dig a grave with no margins
right inside me. a grave that will comprise the universe
and I will put my gloves keys lighterwallet on it and
if I still have power I will remove tooth by tooth and I’ll put
them too on hold.
as a dead man is suddenly showing signs of resurrection
a child signs he wants to be born
a silk butterfly that it wants to be the dress
that caresses your breasts buttocks sex and if I still have strength
I will sit quietly until the sun rises
out of my mouth. with a force that veils all images even those of you
a force that makes the grass grow on negatives
in the darkroom.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Today I Swallowed a Sunset by Leonard Ancuta )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Haiku, Noah Body
- Capitalist List Esteem Apex Peak Cut Down, Terence G. Craddock
- A million sparkling rainbows, Nick Kler
- selah, don't say la la la..., Mandolyn ...
- Ego Rulers Built Massive Monuments, Terence G. Craddock
- Capitalistic Perceived Important People, Terence G. Craddock
- here's an itty bitty bite, Mandolyn ...
- Remember Me (Dedicated 2 those that have.., Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- school lunch woes and whoa it's healthy!, Mandolyn ...
- lack of caffeine means this, Mandolyn ...