Today I got a Maid
Today I got a maid:
I always laugh at my
With husbands, drivers
I even sometimes challenge time
And say in one
Give me a good spouse, driver,
Just joking out of despair.
But today I got a young maid,
Who is seventeen year old.
who was amnazed that
I eat with her in the same
I danced with her;
That a do not believe in classes
That I can be a true mother
Crying she said I was praying
To have such a thing
I was very tired,
And I saw it in your face,
Happily I said to myself
May be the label
On my head
Change at least with MAIDS.
nadia abduljabbar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Today I got a Maid by nadia abduljabbar )
- Mr. Bonga and Mr. Donga, Aftab Alam
- Under The Muse Of The Truth, Edward Kofi Louis
- Fair And Square!, Edward Kofi Louis
- I Do Not Have Any Word, Neela Nath
- The Puzzle, Ravikumar C.P.
- 'O' Cloud of My Skies, Aftab Alam
- My Words And Her Words, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Ode To B.J Azang, Tony Adah
- So Many Hummingbirds, Donal Mahoney
- SENRYU (5-7-5) 12, Aftab Alam