nadia abduljabbar (25/5/1957 / Makkah)
Today I got a Maid
Today I got a maid:
I always laugh at my
With husbands, drivers
I even sometimes challenge time
And say in one
Give me a good spouse, driver,
Just joking out of despair.
But today I got a young maid,
Who is seventeen year old.
who was amnazed that
I eat with her in the same
I danced with her;
That a do not believe in classes
That I can be a true mother
Crying she said I was praying
To have such a thing
I was very tired,
And I saw it in your face,
Happily I said to myself
May be the label
On my head
Change at least with MAIDS.
Poet Other Poems
- A Highbrow Feast: Al Gefry, Al Azhry, Al...
- Adultry is fine, But Marriage is a Crime...
- Alhabib Ali Algifry
- Amman My Unrequited Love
- An Apology: To All My Readers
- An Arabic Woman & The English Countrysid...
- Astounding ‘Alem’; Scholar Osama Alazhar...
- Astounding Osama Alazhary(2) : A Walkin...
- 'Aywa'; Oh Yes: I Like Iowa
- Banking Language and God or Allah
- Before it is Too Late, Find for yourself...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.