Today... 'God only wise'
Wisdom unfathomable, God only wise
so incomprehensible in human guise.
To men unbelievable, How can this be?
It’s so inconceivable, He was like me.
Manhood and full Deity combined in flesh
in human frailty such holiness.
I fall down and worship. His anthem raise
for He is so worth it, worthy of praise.
(see also the additional information in the Poet's notes box below)
Poet Other Poems
- Many thanks to PoemHunter.com
- Today... 'A Cluster of Henna Blossoms'
- Today... 'Abba'
- Today... 'Abraham's Seed'
- Today... 'Advocate'
- Today... 'All in All'
- Today... 'Almighty God'.
- Today... 'Angel'
- Today... 'Angel of God's Presence'
- Today... 'Angel of the Lord'
- Today... 'Anointed of the Lord'
- Today... 'Architect and Builder'
- Today... 'Author of eternal salvation'
- Today... 'Author of Peace'
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
All quotations ©NIV
The Bible calls You by many names
each one giving a glimpse of Your glory.
Like a cut diamond radiating in the sun
with every facet depicting a glorious
aspect of Your Divine Nature.
Today I have thought of You as
“God only wise”