Today... 'Author of Peace'
No more fighting for the world will be at peace
all the killing will stop and all wars will cease.
So do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid
for the Author of Peace the ransom has paid.
The Lord has blessed His people by His grace
and laid down His life for the human race.
Perfect peace now replaces the guilt of sin
and the blood of Jesus whispers peace within.
(additional background information is provided in the Poem's story box below)
Roy Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets. For God is not the author of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints.
Peace, perfect peace, in this dark world of sin?
The blood of Jesus whispers peace within.
Peace, perfect peace, by thronging duties pressed?
To do the will of Jesus, this is rest.
Peace, perfect peace, with sorrow surging round?
In Jesus' presence nought but calm is found.
Peace, perfect peace, with loved ones far away?
In Jesus' keeping we are safe, and they.
Peace, perfect peace, our future all unknown?
Jesus we know, and He is on the throne.
Peace, perfect peace, death shadowing us and ours?
Jesus has vanquished death and all its powers
It is enough: earth's struggles soon shall cease,
and Jesus call us to heaven's perfect peace.
Edward Henry Bickersteff - 1825-1906
The Bible calls You by many names
each one giving a glimpse of Your glory.
Like a cut diamond radiating in the sun
with every facet depicting an aspect
of Your Divine Nature.
Today I have thought of You as
'The Author of Peace'
Comments about this poem (Today... 'Author of Peace' by Roy Allen )
- The Rights of Women—Spoken by Miss Fonte.., Robert Burns
- Revolution: an impotent rage, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Deep Blue Sea, Taylor Calvert
- Invincible Fate, Taylor Calvert
- Hurricane, Ahmed Tawfik
- Mirrors, Arno Le Roux
- The words we leave unsaid, Chris Zachariou
- Called To The Place Of Dry, Arno Le Roux
- Futurism Today, Peter Jay Shippy
- Soul, Peter Jay Shippy
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(20 October 1854 – 10 November 1891)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)