Today... 'Architect and Builder'
Ere time elapsed or creation began
You drew up Your wondrous salvation plan.
A mighty universe was to be made
through which Your glory would be displayed
Builder of all things both seen and unseen
of every earthly and heavenly scene.
Angelic hosts their great praises render
as creation appeared in all its splendour.
Its great Architect and Builder was God
and the streets of His creation He trod.
Climbing the steep path to Calvary's hill
His great Plan of Salvation to fulfil.
To build again the New Jerusalem
and fill its streets with children of Abraham
Building the Church each stone a living soul
each one born again and in Christ made whole
(additional background information is provided in the Poem's story box below)
Roy Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going. By faith he made his home in the promised land like a stranger in a foreign country; he lived in tents, as did Isaac and Jacob, who were heirs with him of the same promise. For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God.
All quotations ©NIV
The Bible calls You by many names
each one giving a glimpse of Your glory.
Like a cut diamond radiating in the sun
with every facet depicting
an aspect of Your Divine Nature.
Today I have thought of You as
'The Architect and Builder'
Comments about this poem (Today... 'Architect and Builder' by Roy Allen )
- Self-Identification, Tushar Ray
- My Worst Fear, Wallis minten
- On another earth, Gert Strydom
- Air of Blue Sky Keeps Me Alive, Rohit Sapra
- Maternity, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- The Crematorium, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- unheard pleas, cheynne dries
- The Mild Tiger Among Wild Men, rajendran muthiah
- dont take your life, cheynne dries
- My Life, M.J Donnchadh
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Barbie Doll, Marge Piercy
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)