Today... 'Architect and Builder'
Ere time elapsed or creation began
You drew up Your wondrous salvation plan.
A mighty universe was to be made
through which Your glory would be displayed
Builder of all things both seen and unseen
of every earthly and heavenly scene.
Angelic hosts their great praises render
as creation appeared in all its splendour.
Its great Architect and Builder was God
and the streets of His creation He trod.
Climbing the steep path to Calvary's hill
His great Plan of Salvation to fulfil.
To build again the New Jerusalem
and fill its streets with children of Abraham
Building the Church each stone a living soul
each one born again and in Christ made whole
(additional background information is provided in the Poem's story box below)
Roy Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going. By faith he made his home in the promised land like a stranger in a foreign country; he lived in tents, as did Isaac and Jacob, who were heirs with him of the same promise. For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God.
All quotations ©NIV
The Bible calls You by many names
each one giving a glimpse of Your glory.
Like a cut diamond radiating in the sun
with every facet depicting
an aspect of Your Divine Nature.
Today I have thought of You as
'The Architect and Builder'
Comments about this poem (Today... 'Architect and Builder' by Roy Allen )
- The condition, hasmukh amathalal
- Reason, Elia Michael
- Autumn again but, Nassy Fesharaki
- He Was Leaving, Neela Nath
- Symphony, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- The hunter's trap - By POET Yaser Nadeem.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- As passimist, hasmukh amathalal
- As golden, hasmukh amathalal
- without warning, with morning, Lucy Gray
- How to Pinda-Dana?, Bijay Kant Dubey
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)