Today... 'Abraham's Seed'
'God will provide, my son.' Abraham said
as poor Isaac to the altar was led
and there standing before them stood a ram.
God's merciful provision for Abraham.
For God’s only Son, the Lord Jesus Christ
arranged with His Father to be sacrificed.
He would carry out the plan they agreed
and the price would be paid by Abraham’s Seed.
His death on the cross was the only way
and there’d be no reprieve for Him that day.
So up the hill of Golgotha He went
and for our sin His life was to be spent
No substitute was provided for Him
when as The Lamb of God He bore our sin.
And we can look up and see taking place
God's merciful provision for the Human Race.
(additional background information is provided in the Poem's story box below)
Roy Allen's Other Poems
Topic(s): love hurts
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Genesis 22: 18—In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice.' ©NIV
The Bible calls You by many names
Each one giving a glimpse of Your glory
Like a cut diamond radiating in the sun
Every facet depicting an aspect of the Divine
Today I have thought of You as
Comments about this poem (Today... 'Abraham's Seed' by Roy Allen )
- Fun never runs out!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The Passing Winds, Tex T Sarnie
- Too Few Words, Tex T Sarnie
- Wake up!, Md. Asadullah
- viper kiss, aaron jimenez
- बहाना/ Bahaanaa, Aftab Alam
- a dream, jaquesha webb
- I Go Far to Fetch the Truth, with Hope, Aftab Alam
- One a.m., Susan Lacovara
- The War Against Lopping, douglas scotney
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)