Today... 'Abraham's Seed'
'God will provide, my son.' Abraham said
as poor Isaac to the altar was led
and there standing before them stood a ram.
God's merciful provision for Abraham.
For God’s only Son, the Lord Jesus Christ
arranged with His Father to be sacrificed.
He would carry out the plan they agreed
and the price would be paid by Abraham’s Seed.
His death on the cross was the only way
and there’d be no reprieve for Him that day.
So up the hill of Golgotha He went
and for our sin His life was to be spent
No substitute was provided for Him
when as The Lamb of God He bore our sin.
And we can look up and see taking place
God's merciful provision for the Human Race.
(additional background information is provided in the Poem's story box below)
Topic(s): love hurts
Roy Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Genesis 22: 18—In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice.' ©NIV
The Bible calls You by many names
Each one giving a glimpse of Your glory
Like a cut diamond radiating in the sun
Every facet depicting an aspect of the Divine
Today I have thought of You as
Comments about this poem (Today... 'Abraham's Seed' by Roy Allen )
- The lonely sun..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Textman, Naveed Khalid
- सिरि मोनथाम, Ronjoy Brahma
- Mother-land I weep for thee, Joseph Ogbonna
- Mother Teresa and I, SANDIP GOSWAMI
- Still Here, silenced work
- A Village Girl, Naveed Khalid
- A Song Of Harp, Naveed Khalid
- An African Woman I am... a Blessing or a.., Vivian Muciri
- You are Everywhere!, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stars, Joyce Kilmer
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)