Today... 'Abraham's Seed'
'God will provide, my son.' Abraham said
as poor Isaac to the altar was led
and there standing before them stood a ram.
God's merciful provision for Abraham.
For God’s only Son, the Lord Jesus Christ
arranged with His Father to be sacrificed.
He would carry out the plan they agreed
and the price would be paid by Abraham’s Seed.
His death on the cross was the only way
and there’d be no reprieve for Him that day.
So up the hill of Golgotha He went
and for our sin His life was to be spent
No substitute was provided for Him
when as The Lamb of God He bore our sin.
And we can look up and see taking place
God's merciful provision for the Human Race.
(additional background information is provided in the Poem's story box below)
Roy Allen's Other Poems
Topic(s): love hurts
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Genesis 22: 18—In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice.' ©NIV
The Bible calls You by many names
Each one giving a glimpse of Your glory
Like a cut diamond radiating in the sun
Every facet depicting an aspect of the Divine
Today I have thought of You as
Comments about this poem (Today... 'Abraham's Seed' by Roy Allen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Solace in Test, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Coeur d'Alene, Lucas Pate
- With That Time To Find, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- My Prowling PH Eyes .... [DEMENTIA; VER.., Bri Edwards
- Quick To Finish Mentalities, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Invisible Cage (For Robin Williams), Tori Leftwich
- Advent Of The Eagle's Cry, Captain Cur
- Strange Charisma Of Your Words, Captain Cur
- SENRYU (5-7-5) 11, Aftab Alam
- SENRYU (5-7-5) 10, Aftab Alam