Today... 'Abraham's Seed'
'God will provide, my son.' Abraham said
as poor Isaac to the altar was led
and there standing before them stood a ram.
God's merciful provision for Abraham.
For God’s only Son, the Lord Jesus Christ
arranged with His Father to be sacrificed.
He would carry out the plan they agreed
and the price would be paid by Abraham’s Seed.
His death on the cross was the only way
and there’d be no reprieve for Him that day.
So up the hill of Golgotha He went
and for our sin His life was to be spent
No substitute was provided for Him
when as The Lamb of God He bore our sin.
And we can look up and see taking place
God's merciful provision for the Human Race.
(additional background information is provided in the Poem's story box below)
Roy Allen's Other Poems
Topic(s): love hurts
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Genesis 22: 18—In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice.' ©NIV
The Bible calls You by many names
Each one giving a glimpse of Your glory
Like a cut diamond radiating in the sun
Every facet depicting an aspect of the Divine
Today I have thought of You as
Comments about this poem (Today... 'Abraham's Seed' by Roy Allen )
- Princess Diana, Sonia Ode Lucci
- Revolution, Revolution, Revolu -, Romella Kitchens
- हमें आपके लिए.. hame aapke liye, hasmukh amathalal
- Dusky Day in Dallas, michael walker
- Mom, Barbara Dixion
- I almost was left behind., Sonia Ode Lucci
- Fairyland, Alesia Leach
- Lack of money does not mean lack of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- On The T.V., Hannah Bryson Price
- Why do need wisdom anytime?, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)