Today... 'A Cluster of Henna Blossoms'
A cluster of Henna and Camphire is He
The Son of God Who came down to earth for me.
No greater love has any man ever known
Than the love that Jesus for me has shown.
With fragrance so sweet and blossom so fair
None with my Belovèd can ever compare.
For the One that descended down from heaven
stands unique amongst the races of men.
(additional background information is provided in the Poem's story box below)
Roy Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
My beloved is unto me as a cluster of camphire in the vineyards of Engedi.
Song of Solomon 1: 14
My lover is to me a cluster of henna blossoms from the vineyards of En Gedi.
The Bible calls You by many names
each one giving a glimpse of Your glory.
Like a cut diamond radiating in the sun
with every facet depicting an aspect
of Your Divine Nature.
Today I have thought of You as
'A cluster of Henna Blossoms'
Song of Solomon 1: 14
Comments about this poem (Today... 'A Cluster of Henna Blossoms' by Roy Allen )
- I Always Looked Upon Them With Pity And .., Shalom Freedman
- False, Neela Nath
- A woman is going, gajanan mishra
- Like Opium, michael walkerjohn
- Conscious Love~~~, Mr. Nobody
- The Name's Bond, James Bond!, Denis Martindale
- Time's Mend, michael walkerjohn
- The One-Legged Surfer, Mr. Nobody
- As an alternattive, hasmukh amathalal
- This station has no name, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Question, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(22 March 1941 -)