It's hit me on the head,
This is it...
This is my life...
I would cry
If I weren't so depressed about it.
I'm a snail,
All soft and slimy and hiding in a shell,
Wandering about the landscape
Holding onto the stems of things.
All the feeling excited about life has slowed.
No more flashes of lightening bolts jazzing up the night-
The ones that say, 'Yeah man, this is it! '
These are almost gone.
I suppose I see my soul has died.
All souls have gone extinct, and
We're just little wads of flesh
Alien to our infinite nature-
Maybe scabs on the limbs of old truths now dead.
Summer Shaw's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Today by Summer Shaw )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Dreaded Sleep, Michael P. McParland
- Don't Say, I Said, Michael P. McParland
- it is Not My Business To See Who A Catho.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- This situation, hasmukh amathalal
- 'Poetry is a triangular art', Pranab K. Chakraborty
- What have I Given To This Life, What Has.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- At least, SALINI NAIR
- Just another Christmas, Christopher Tye
- Tune Metallic, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Don't Say Goodbye, Michael P. McParland