To Write; To Die; To Eat....... [Thoughts While Lookiing At A Blue Sky; Personal; Pretty Short]
Looking up from the couch......at the blue California sky,
thoughts have swung from what to write, to how much to eat, to....the time to die.
If I had my way I’d take a walk, but I’m sidelined by my “bad back”.
For now I’ll write this, put death on hold, and then perhaps eat pie,
.....or cake, or ice cream, or cereal,......or nuts, or even fruit.
And when I die I hope to be not-buried; I’ll have no need for a suit.
I only need to write a few more lines; I’m writing like a hack,
and if you don’t appreciate the result, you can give this poem the boot!
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (To Write; To Die; To Eat....... [Thoughts While Lookiing At A Blue Sky; Personal; Pretty Short] by Bri Edwards )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- रंजानाय फैगौ, Ronjoy Brahma
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- It, Gilbert Ortega
- The Approach, Gilbert Ortega
- Mona Lisa Canvas, Gilbert Ortega
- Passion Play, Gilbert Ortega
- The Gatekeeper part 2 (In memory of Edga.., Gilbert Ortega
- AGAINST FORGETTING, George Dee Vuy
- The Gatekeeper part 1 (In memory of Edga.., Gilbert Ortega
- For Jennifer, Gilbert Ortega
- Gilded Thorns, Gilbert Ortega
- Journey of death, ramesh rai