To Whom My Love Is Pledged, Canto II, Love Poems
To whom my love is pledged,
should she take flight
I shall seek repose on a mountains height
watching the eagle coddling her young,
trembling on the brink, hungry in their nest,
that first step when their hearts are bold and bright
flailing, falling, cawing in distress
reaching for the sun
flying is the test.
Captain Cur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To Whom My Love Is Pledged, Canto II, Love Poems by Captain Cur )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- selah, don't say la la la..., Mandolyn ...
- Ego Rulers Built Massive Monuments, Terence G. Craddock
- Capitalistic Perceived Important People, Terence G. Craddock
- here's an itty bitty bite, Mandolyn ...
- Remember Me (Dedicated 2 those that have.., Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- school lunch woes and whoa it's healthy!, Mandolyn ...
- lack of caffeine means this, Mandolyn ...
- Happy Birthday Son, Rowina M Mallick
- Why Do Turtles Cross The Road?, Darlene Walsh
- Distress, Nick Kler