To The Teacher
To the teacher who said 'I can't do that.'
To the one who said 'I shouldn't do that.'
To the teacher who said 'I could do anything.'
To the one who said 'I should do something.'
To the teacher who said 'I should look before I jump.'
To the one who said 'I should never ever give up.'
To the teacher who said 'I should think for myself.'
To the one who said 'to think of someone other than myself.'
To all those teachers and to teachers everywhere,
Thank God you were around to really care.
(c) 2013 copyright Elena Plotkin
Elena Plotkin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (To The Teacher by Elena Plotkin )
- मीडिया, Priyanka Gupta
- The Daughter of the Earth - 19, gajanan mishra
- सीने में आग भरो, Aftab Alam
- Annoyance Generator, Christopher Withers
- The Lass Of Alberry, Julian Mann
- The truant.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- All Is This World, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Feeling Alive, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reactions To A Poem, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Examinations, abhi mangla
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(3rd April 19sixty)