To The Teacher
To the teacher who said I can’t do that.
To the one who said I shouldn’t do that.
To the teacher who said I could do anything.
To the one who said I should do something.
To the teacher who said I should look before I jump.
To the one who said I should never ever give up.
To the teacher who said I should think for myself.
To the one who said to think of someone other than myself.
To all those teachers and to teachers everywhere,
Thank God you were around to really care.
(c) 2013 copyright Elena Plotkin
Elena Plotkin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (To The Teacher by Elena Plotkin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- All Equal, A.j. Binash
- Letting Go, Electric Lady
- नोँसोर फैफिनबाव, Bahadur Basumatary
- Love Letters on Leaves, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Halved, Raihana Abdul Jabbar
- Gathering Rosebuds, Doyen Lingua
- My Stallion, Raihana Abdul Jabbar
- Hooker Nadine Gordimer, Richard Thripp
- swallow, mina lotfi
- hey ass-wipe, i love you, Mandolyn ...