M.D Dinesh Nair
TO THE PUPIL WHO IS IN DILEMMA
You have to be my beloved lad:
'A fearless dreamer,
A petitioner of your unspoken love,
A wild catcher of time and
A passionate friend'.
You must not be my dear lass:
'Moody and foolish,
Illusive or day dreaming,
Ill tempered or vain some and
Emotional or sensitive'.
And both of you listen:
'Let the mind flutter like a kite
And let it not hide like a mouse.
Let your head be held high in esteem
And never bend your knee before the worthless lot'.
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (TO THE PUPIL WHO IS IN DILEMMA by M.D Dinesh Nair )
Did you read them?
- Stars Studded the Sky (cinquain), Harindhar Reddy
- Waltz of a Dream, Nathalie Handal
- La Movida, Nathalie Handal
- Scary and Nightmarey Ghost Walked, Harindhar Reddy
- I give You the Love of Calla-lily, Harindhar Reddy
- Captured In Chambers Of My Heart, Narayana Raghavan
- Beauty Revisited, Narayana Raghavan
- Santiago, Nathalie Handal
- Limerick-36, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Nightened Color, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
Andrew Barton Paterson
(17 February 1864 – 5 February 1941)
(1886 - 1967)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)