Lawrence S. Pertillar
To Step Aside And Express Pride
Anyone who has ever experienced,
Having influence over someone else...
To be done effectively to leave that one,
With a promising effectiveness for that one to come...
Seldom is the one with a known influence,
Regrets or wishes to remain competitive...
With express envy or jealousy to give.
When respect is given and time moves on,
A freshness kept should be welcomed.
And one who acknowledges this,
Does not regret to step aside to then express pride.
To realize in the doing...
This is just as effective.
As one comes to witness that which reflects.
There are many who can not bring themselves,
To do that...respectfully!
And in the midst of updated freshness,
They seek attention to get...
With moves that 'use' to influence and no longer prevail.
To only prove themselves with moves done that are stale.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To Step Aside And Express Pride by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- So sorry, gajanan mishra
- My Dream Tonight, Wilfred Mellers
- To Joyce, Roger A. Rose
- Miriam's danse, Dimitri Khokhlov
- The harp players, Mark Heathcote
- Heil Britannia, Francie Lynch
- The Clouds Out Of An Aeroplane Window, Sambanath Denis
- I'm no less, Nassy Fesharaki
- On Looking Out The Window Of An Airoplane, Sambanath Denis
- Mosaic of Love And Legends By Onkar Nath.., Bijay Kant Dubey