To my sweet love
I lay here dreaming that you love me
In that half twilight world between sleep
And being awake just before dawn
When it is neither night nor day.
And a tear comes to my eye as I cannot
Have your affection. In this dream you
Are smiling at me with your iridescent eyes
Of limpid blue looking softly through
The haze of that smoky mist of dreams.
Your soft mellow brow twinkles a
Beguile wanton softness as I slumber
In this my twilight world.
I gaze and in that flood of limpid blue
My spirit wanders free. Only that now
The new dawn begins to wake me from
My slumber and my lonely torture begins.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To my sweet love by David Wood )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Rainbow, SALINI NAIR
- The Color Inside My World, Mikey Bachman
- Haiku #4, Eric Micha'el Leventhal
- My Ramdan, My Repentance, Ahamad Ilyaas Vilayathullah
- She in Desert, Akhtar Jawad
- A bucket of paint, Piyush Dey
- Value be given, gajanan mishra
- Egypt, Tony Adah
- A Tribute To Gray's Elegy, Naveed Khalid
- Nothing i can offer, binod bastola