To My Mum 13th May 2013
As she walked with us.through the tears and fears,
Single handed she filled our hearts with many cheers.
Looking back I do recall, tolerating my many moods,
Oh, she understood and made me often feel so good.
Glad her arms were open wide, with a heart full of love
She was my best blessings from heavens above.
Her guidance, strength did mend my broken wings
That helped me fly high to achieve so many a things.
I know I owe my mum the great wide world, nothing less.
But all I ever did was make everything a real mess.
The greatest gift she ever gave was the fragrance of love,
With the grace of smile that brought in more heavenly love.
Now I lay in the still of the night with a silent prayer,
Hugging my wet pillow with thoughts of memories we did share.
Mother’s day and oh how I wish could amendments make
Knowing my mum she’d say ‘its alright you are still my child for heavens sake’
Thank God I have daughters, gentle and grateful in many ways
to the little things I do and with mistakes, they smile and say
Mum you are human too God Almighty has his plans in detail
It is His Decision that will Finally and always Prevail…
shirani ibrahim's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To My Mum 13th May 2013 by shirani ibrahim )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Flood, Jose Armando Guzman
- Shadows in the Dark, Darlene Walsh
- Who can be one's bombshell?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Eveningsong, Elizabeth Shield
- Chords Of Remembering, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Composite Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Journal Editors Calling Themselves C.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- until we end up in the same tent..., Mandolyn ...
- At First Sight, Elizabeth Shield
- Recognition Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak