To My Mum 13th May 2013
As she walked with us.through the tears and fears,
Single handed she filled our hearts with many cheers.
Looking back I do recall, tolerating my many moods,
Oh, she understood and made me often feel so good.
Glad her arms were open wide, with a heart full of love
She was my best blessings from heavens above.
Her guidance, strength did mend my broken wings
That helped me fly high to achieve so many a things.
I know I owe my mum the great wide world, nothing less.
But all I ever did was make everything a real mess.
The greatest gift she ever gave was the fragrance of love,
With the grace of smile that brought in more heavenly love.
Now I lay in the still of the night with a silent prayer,
Hugging my wet pillow with thoughts of memories we did share.
Mother’s day and oh how I wish could amendments make
Knowing my mum she’d say ‘its alright you are still my child for heavens sake’
Thank God I have daughters, gentle and grateful in many ways
to the little things I do and with mistakes, they smile and say
Mum you are human too God Almighty has his plans in detail
It is His Decision that will Finally and always Prevail…
shirani ibrahim's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To My Mum 13th May 2013 by shirani ibrahim )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- My entangled particle, john thanh le
- Half Alive, Katherine Perry
- Land of opportunities, gajanan mishra
- Buzzards, Mark Heathcote
- Death, Sydney Bramer
- Nothing is terrible, gajanan mishra
- My life, Shawn Grace
- Learning To Drive, Kristen Brown
- Christmas Angel, louis rams
- To Bed! To Bed!, David Lewis Paget