To My Mum 13th May 2013
As she walked with us.through the tears and fears,
Single handed she filled our hearts with many cheers.
Looking back I do recall, tolerating my many moods,
Oh, she understood and made me often feel so good.
Glad her arms were open wide, with a heart full of love
She was my best blessings from heavens above.
Her guidance, strength did mend my broken wings
That helped me fly high to achieve so many a things.
I know I owe my mum the great wide world, nothing less.
But all I ever did was make everything a real mess.
The greatest gift she ever gave was the fragrance of love,
With the grace of smile that brought in more heavenly love.
Now I lay in the still of the night with a silent prayer,
Hugging my wet pillow with thoughts of memories we did share.
Mother’s day and oh how I wish could amendments make
Knowing my mum she’d say ‘its alright you are still my child for heavens sake’
Thank God I have daughters, gentle and grateful in many ways
to the little things I do and with mistakes, they smile and say
Mum you are human too God Almighty has his plans in detail
It is His Decision that will Finally and always Prevail…
shirani ibrahim's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To My Mum 13th May 2013 by shirani ibrahim )
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #09, Ronjoy Brahma
- Dinner with the ghost of Lorenzo Thomas, Patricia Spears Jones
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #08, Ronjoy Brahma
- Being a human, gajanan mishra
- Mosquitoes, Rahul Babu
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #07, Ronjoy Brahma
- The pretty back to school الرجوع الجميل .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- New Year, Patricia Spears Jones
- The Theme Is Flight, Patricia Spears Jones
- Son Cubano, Patricia Spears Jones
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)