To My Mum 13th May 2013
As she walked with us.through the tears and fears,
Single handed she filled our hearts with many cheers.
Looking back I do recall, tolerating my many moods,
Oh, she understood and made me often feel so good.
Glad her arms were open wide, with a heart full of love
She was my best blessings from heavens above.
Her guidance, strength did mend my broken wings
That helped me fly high to achieve so many a things.
I know I owe my mum the great wide world, nothing less.
But all I ever did was make everything a real mess.
The greatest gift she ever gave was the fragrance of love,
With the grace of smile that brought in more heavenly love.
Now I lay in the still of the night with a silent prayer,
Hugging my wet pillow with thoughts of memories we did share.
Mother’s day and oh how I wish could amendments make
Knowing my mum she’d say ‘its alright you are still my child for heavens sake’
Thank God I have daughters, gentle and grateful in many ways
to the little things I do and with mistakes, they smile and say
Mum you are human too God Almighty has his plans in detail
It is His Decision that will Finally and always Prevail…
shirani ibrahim's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To My Mum 13th May 2013 by shirani ibrahim )
- Corruption, Sandra Feldman
- Cannot Take Care, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Beautiful Story of You, Corey Jones
- AA, Vera Sidhwa
- Hell is dumb and sore throats are stupid., Jena Crowe
- 100 Years of War, Robert Green
- The Dog, Deborah Eker
- Cutting Back Government, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- He's right;, george albot
- Dove, Nathan Beery
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- gamblers all, Charles Bukowski
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Walter de la Mare
(1873 - 1958)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)