To My Friends
Dear friends, and here I say friends
the broad sense of the word:
Wife, sister, associates, relatives,
Schoolmates of both sexes,
People seen only once
Or frequented all my life;
Provided that between us, for at least a moment,
A line has been stretched,
A well-defined bond.
I speak for you, companions of a crowded
Road, not without its difficulties,
And for you too, who have lost
Soul, courage, the desire to live;
Or no one, or someone, or perhaps only one person, or you
Who are reading me: remember the time
Before the wax hardened,
When everyone was like a seal.
Each of us bears the imprint
Of a friend met along the way;
In each the trace of each.
For good or evil
In wisdom or in folly
Everyone stamped by everyone.
Now that the time crowds in
And the undertakings are finished,
To all of you the humble wish
That autumn will be long and mild.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To My Friends by Primo Levi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- من معادلات الحرية, نزار قباني
- A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE, DIVYANSH SHRIVASTAVA
- Nemesis, Nalini Chaturvedi
- When I Cut Your lawn, Malcolm Brown
- death, Omobude Saint perry
- So U Wannabe A Holy Cow, Boy, sEaN nOrTh
- In Between, Omobude Saint perry
- Fetching a Raindrop, Masharia kanyari
- my death, Omobude Saint perry
- Midnight's Rain, Khairul Ahsan