To John Watson - From Sherlock Holmes(BBC version)
This is hello and goodbye John,
I know that all is well,
Remember two twisted minds John,
From Reichenbach we fell.
I know it must be boring John,
When cases all die down,
Yet still with waking eyes John,
You’ll see crime around the town.
And though I’d like to wake John,
And play another game,
I’m playing life, and loosing John,
Death always wins the same.
By the time you read this little rhyme,
I know I’ll be long gone,
But don’t be angered by the time,
It’s job did nothing wrong.
I remember I once said John.
That you were my one friend,
The one friend, that you stayed John,
Right through to the end.
Another chapter finished John,
Another must begin,
You’ve tried living on your own John,
Knowing I would not be in.
Any time you’re by my grave John,
Or look sadly to the sky,
I will not be there either John,
See John, I did not die.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To John Watson - From Sherlock Holmes(BBC version) by Esther FleurThomas )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
Poem of the Day
- Bee Bathes In Bliss, Saiom Shriver
- Merry Christmas, lee fones
- Searching For Convictions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Strong Enough, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Past Woes, Naveed Akram
- Knowing Their Loss, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Screwed for Life Club, Francie Lynch
- Let's Celebrate Life, Roxanne Dubarry
- Descendants, Akhtar Jawad
- The Heart Of A Poet, arshad arshad