To John Watson - From Sherlock Holmes(BBC version)
This is hello and goodbye John,
I know that all is well,
Remember two twisted minds John,
From Reichenbach we fell.
I know it must be boring John,
When cases all die down,
Yet still with waking eyes John,
You’ll see crime around the town.
And though I’d like to wake John,
And play another game,
I’m playing life, and loosing John,
Death always wins the same.
By the time you read this little rhyme,
I know I’ll be long gone,
But don’t be angered by the time,
It’s job did nothing wrong.
I remember I once said John.
That you were my one friend,
The one friend, that you stayed John,
Right through to the end.
Another chapter finished John,
Another must begin,
You’ve tried living on your own John,
Knowing I would not be in.
Any time you’re by my grave John,
Or look sadly to the sky,
I will not be there either John,
See John, I did not die.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To John Watson - From Sherlock Holmes(BBC version) by Esther FleurThomas )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Not a Poem at all, sEaN nOrTh
- to be empty all over again and move like.., RIC S. BASTASA
- and once again you decide to live., RIC S. BASTASA
- 'tonight at ten'., RIC S. BASTASA
- you must be lucky to have found it, RIC S. BASTASA
- love became l o v e became LOVE and now .., Mandolyn ...
- that self-confidence, RIC S. BASTASA
- do not have to fathom it like some kind .., RIC S. BASTASA
- amor patriae, RIC S. BASTASA
- zanny on top of her hill, RIC S. BASTASA