To John Watson - From Sherlock Holmes(BBC version)
This is hello and goodbye John,
I know that all is well,
Remember two twisted minds John,
From Reichenbach we fell.
I know it must be boring John,
When cases all die down,
Yet still with waking eyes John,
You’ll see crime around the town.
And though I’d like to wake John,
And play another game,
I’m playing life, and loosing John,
Death always wins the same.
By the time you read this little rhyme,
I know I’ll be long gone,
But don’t be angered by the time,
It’s job did nothing wrong.
I remember I once said John.
That you were my one friend,
The one friend, that you stayed John,
Right through to the end.
Another chapter finished John,
Another must begin,
You’ve tried living on your own John,
Knowing I would not be in.
Any time you’re by my grave John,
Or look sadly to the sky,
I will not be there either John,
See John, I did not die.
Esther FleurThomas's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To John Watson - From Sherlock Holmes(BBC version) by Esther FleurThomas )
- A Bystander, Sibghatullah Khan
- A Leaf of Small Boat, Rose Lu ( Bing hua )
- Forget Forgive Focus Follow and have Fai.., Dimitri Jagodinski
- I Wrote Too Much, Shalom Freedman
- If You are Sad, Turn the Pages, Hebert Logerie
- Time Flies, Tony Adah
- The Troika's Gone, sasha yarlexolnikov
- I Am as Dull as Everyday, Sara Fielder
- Vendémiaire Wednesdays, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Incandescent Drapes, sasha yarlexolnikov