To John Watson - From Sherlock Holmes(BBC version)
This is hello and goodbye John,
I know that all is well,
Remember two twisted minds John,
From Reichenbach we fell.
I know it must be boring John,
When cases all die down,
Yet still with waking eyes John,
You’ll see crime around the town.
And though I’d like to wake John,
And play another game,
I’m playing life, and loosing John,
Death always wins the same.
By the time you read this little rhyme,
I know I’ll be long gone,
But don’t be angered by the time,
It’s job did nothing wrong.
I remember I once said John.
That you were my one friend,
The one friend, that you stayed John,
Right through to the end.
Another chapter finished John,
Another must begin,
You’ve tried living on your own John,
Knowing I would not be in.
Any time you’re by my grave John,
Or look sadly to the sky,
I will not be there either John,
See John, I did not die.
Esther FleurThomas's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To John Watson - From Sherlock Holmes(BBC version) by Esther FleurThomas )
- The Merely Imagined Author Writing The L.., mary douglas
- Will you come to me tonight?, Erato
- पापा, sushant jha
- पापा, sushant jha
- Resurgence, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Returning from the Broken Mirror Myth, Gabriel Sumon
- Tour Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- ZZ Animals Flunk These 2014 Candidates, Saiom Shriver
- my pool days, lee fones
- Enough is enough, Pat Raia
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)