To Dream The Dream
To dream the dream that dreamers dream
Of life, love, and everything in between
To dream of how love should be
And how we would like it to be.
To dream of fairy tale dreams
Always with a happy endings, and finding faults
And trying to mend it.
To see a world where only love reins free
And no more heart aches and pains, and misery.
To see a world of illnesses erased, and wars are
Just a word that we face.
A world where there is no human bondage or
Enslavement of any kind.
A world where children can play in the sand
And walk home hand in hand.
A world where there is no bitterness or hate
It’s all left outside the gate.
To dream the dream that poets do
Where all these dreams can come true.
What a beautiful life it would be
If we could live in harmony.
Ahh! but to enter the mind of a poet
And see all that they see, and dream the dream
That dreamers dream, and see life through
The eyes of a child – WOULDN’T THAT BE WILD!
It is so much easier to love than to hate
If we just have some faith.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To Dream The Dream by louis rams )
- Late-night Lullaby, Ismim Putera
- A PRELUDE (To December), Vinaya Joseph
- Lucien, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Ghazal - Qyamat Ho Gai Hay, Bano Ali
- Stand Up Witness Your Dream, Fatima Nusairat
- Zero Turkey Wing, Havilah
- Reading and Writing, umaprosad das
- The Afternoon, Leong Ming Loong
- Aligarh Muslim University & Raja Mahendr.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Storm Warning, ESPN CHICK
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Bright Star, John Keats
- Where The Mind Is Without Fear, Rabindranath Tagore
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(November 1, 1871 – June 5, 1900)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)