To Dream The Dream
To dream the dream that dreamers dream
Of life, love, and everything in between
To dream of how love should be
And how we would like it to be.
To dream of fairy tale dreams
Always with a happy endings, and finding faults
And trying to mend it.
To see a world where only love reins free
And no more heart aches and pains, and misery.
To see a world of illnesses erased, and wars are
Just a word that we face.
A world where there is no human bondage or
Enslavement of any kind.
A world where children can play in the sand
And walk home hand in hand.
A world where there is no bitterness or hate
It’s all left outside the gate.
To dream the dream that poets do
Where all these dreams can come true.
What a beautiful life it would be
If we could live in harmony.
Ahh! but to enter the mind of a poet
And see all that they see, and dream the dream
That dreamers dream, and see life through
The eyes of a child – WOULDN’T THAT BE WILD!
It is so much easier to love than to hate
If we just have some faith.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To Dream The Dream by louis rams )
- Dreaming of Things While I Remain In My .., Rohit Sapra
- Facebooker, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Kidultnap, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Laugh, arshad arshad
- Puzzle of a Lovely Girl's Name!, Md. Ziaul Haque
- E- Humanity, Aamir Joyci
- In Memory of my Mother, George Pfumbi
- I Saw You Today, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Poetry Is Where You Find It IX, Frank Avon
- Touching the Dream, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Death of the Ball Turret Gunner, Randall Jarrell
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)