Lawrence S. Pertillar
To Correct With An Effectiveness
No matter who is elected to sit,
In a position to mend the healing...
Of existing wounds.
People who refuse to be held accountable,
For their actions done to hide and run away from...
Mindsets stubbornly allowed to be carved in stone,
While they are allowed to sit...
As a crumbling of all foundations are condoned.
And with the hearing to listen,
To the same excuses made to okay the doing...
As an acceptance that places blame on others,
To free themselves to continue to build walls...
That prevents offensive remarks perceived as being,
Too crude and absent of diplomacy...
To correct with an effectiveness,
Mentalities fed on delusions and false beliefs to protect.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To Correct With An Effectiveness by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(18 November 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Gerard Manley Hopkins
(28 July 1844 – 8 June 1889)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- My Hometown, Ray Hansell
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- I Exist, Rohit Sapra
- The law of these times, Ravikumar C.P.
- So Many Minds Are Left Fractured, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Mystic Blake, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Today's World, Leong Ming Loong
- Thoughts in the Moonlight, Luo Zhihai
- Tales Of A Wife: Honeymoon, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Guard well, gajanan mishra
- The Photographer, Ravikumar C.P.
- Tuavatara!, Ravikumar C.P.