Lawrence S. Pertillar
To Correct With An Effectiveness
No matter who is elected to sit,
In a position to mend the healing...
Of existing wounds.
People who refuse to be held accountable,
For their actions done to hide and run away from...
Mindsets stubbornly allowed to be carved in stone,
While they are allowed to sit...
As a crumbling of all foundations are condoned.
And with the hearing to listen,
To the same excuses made to okay the doing...
As an acceptance that places blame on others,
To free themselves to continue to build walls...
That prevents offensive remarks perceived as being,
Too crude and absent of diplomacy...
To correct with an effectiveness,
Mentalities fed on delusions and false beliefs to protect.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To Correct With An Effectiveness by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Notes Of Sadness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Living With Shadows, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Childhood Preparing Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Tempted, Electric Lady
- Sincerity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Explanations In Verse, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Coinciding Thoughts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Rivers, Angela Khristin Brown
- (BOOK # 6) : Sheila And Clifford: BACK I.., Bri Edwards
- Optimism ahead, gajanan mishra