Lawrence S. Pertillar
To Correct With An Effectiveness
No matter who is elected to sit,
In a position to mend the healing...
Of existing wounds.
People who refuse to be held accountable,
For their actions done to hide and run away from...
Mindsets stubbornly allowed to be carved in stone,
While they are allowed to sit...
As a crumbling of all foundations are condoned.
And with the hearing to listen,
To the same excuses made to okay the doing...
As an acceptance that places blame on others,
To free themselves to continue to build walls...
That prevents offensive remarks perceived as being,
Too crude and absent of diplomacy...
To correct with an effectiveness,
Mentalities fed on delusions and false beliefs to protect.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To Correct With An Effectiveness by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Trembling Thirst, Mantu Mahakul
- Final Truth, Mantu Mahakul
- The Sower And the Seed, George Egba
- Garden capers, Mark Heathcote
- Controlling the five senses leads one to.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Buried in my chest, Meena Mustafa
- Unlike Many, Alade Abayomi IdrisWhite
- Many Heavens, George Hunter
- Pronounce Or Never, George Egba
- How now, george albot
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)