Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
To Correct With An Effectiveness
No matter who is elected to sit,
In a position to mend the healing...
Of existing wounds.
People who refuse to be held accountable,
For their actions done to hide and run away from...
Mindsets stubbornly allowed to be carved in stone,
While they are allowed to sit...
As a crumbling of all foundations are condoned.
And with the hearing to listen,
To the same excuses made to okay the doing...
As an acceptance that places blame on others,
To free themselves to continue to build walls...
That prevents offensive remarks perceived as being,
Too crude and absent of diplomacy...
To correct with an effectiveness,
Mentalities fed on delusions and false beliefs to protect.
Poet Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.