To Be Given
Respect is something is taught to us everyday
But we need to need to listen as follows as our elders say
The things that we are taught we tend to forget,
But as we older we tend to regret.
Remember the days that we put people down,
Today is the day we listen and help those people get around.
We need to listen and think from our good heart,
By doing this it will build us a friendship that will not tear us apart.
We need to listen and take heeds, and help anyone in the time of need.
So as we stand up and help the people that are weak,
We will have shown ours elders that we listened and followed of what they would speak.
As we will show the elders the respect that To be given and what is deserved.
They will be happy because they have taught us to give respect and to proudly serve.
Frank Pulver's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
I also have to say that there is someone that I rarely speak to the last year. This person over the years has tried to talk to me and I was too hard headed to listen to you. I want you to know if you ever read this passage in which I am about to write that is dedicated to you is something that someone has been tiring to tell me over the last two months.
By Frank Pulver
Comments about this poem (To Be Given by Frank Pulver )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
Poem of the Day
- 12 Poems (English) from the Poetry Hat, sheena blackhall
- Owl & Handbag, sheena blackhall
- Lighthouse, sheena blackhall
- Human Touch, Mark R Slaughter
- Fishing Village, sheena blackhall
- Skull, Mark R Slaughter
- La Plonge, sheena blackhall
- On Waking, Rodrigo Diaz
- Death of the Hares, sheena blackhall
- 10 Scots poems from the Poetry Hat, sheena blackhall