Valery Yaklovich Bryusov
To A Young Poet
Pale youth with burning gaze,
I give you three commandments now:
Follow the first: don't live by the present,
The future is a poet's only place.
Second, remember: feel for no one,
Love yourself without bounds.
Safeguard the third: worship art,
Art alone, without thought or goal.
Pale youth with embarrassed gaze!
If you follow my three commandments,
I'll die in peace, a defeated warrior,
Knowing I leave a poet behind.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To A Young Poet by Valery Yaklovich Bryusov )
- Llama Looks Up, Warren Falcon
- Mad Cow Gelatin, Saiom Shriver
- My Wish One Day, But..., Luis Estable
- Now That I Love You, abigail sikwenda
- AMALFI COAST, Elia Michael
- My Lover`s Lips Are Honey, Luis Estable
- when i inhaled you..., Mandolyn ...
- The Dance Of Death, Luis Estable
- language is not so much anymore, Mandolyn ...
- A Crazy Noisy Bird, Wasim Akram