To A Time That Will Never Happen, and To Someone That Never Will Be
I miss the lies.
I miss the uncontrollable reaction of putting on my disguise.
I miss the silent judgements running through your head.
I miss the fact that you promised all those nasty things you said.
I miss the pain.
I miss your voice when my hearts pouring bloody rain.
I miss the way you would scream at me.
I miss the cowering and wanting to be free.
I miss not being the reason for your hatred.
I miss knowing that you’ll still be slicing me in when I’m asleep in bed.
I miss the tragedy within your eyes.
I miss the constant stabbing in my thighs.
I miss how you would starve me from my every need.
I miss how you constantly wanted to plant your seed.
I miss the reaction to crying alone.
I miss the thought of being too scared to come home.
I miss running away.
I miss how you would always beg me to stay.
I miss the punishment of behaviour.
I miss how you would kill me, and then act like my saviour.
I miss the rotting of the wooden self-made coffin tomb.
I miss the sweet scent of gloom.
I miss the fact you always visit me here.
I miss the fact that I can never just disappear.
I miss nothing of importance to you anymore.
I only miss the fact that I was once your number one whore.
Joseph Orton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To A Time That Will Never Happen, and To Someone That Never Will Be by Joseph Orton )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Moonlit Night, Tu Fu
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Angler's Ballad, Charles Cotton
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Haiku - Life, chandra thiagarajan
- An educational song., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Not permanent, hasmukh amathalal
- UNKNOWN, Fatima Obaid
- My Fight, Rusty (Ed) Gibson
- Remembering Poem, Kyle Schlicher
- In HIm Alone, david kush
- Irony of the world., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Don't Cry, Kyle Schlicher
- My Life Once Used To Be, Kelly Shanks