To A Time That Will Never Happen, and To Someone That Never Will Be
I miss the lies.
I miss the uncontrollable reaction of putting on my disguise.
I miss the silent judgements running through your head.
I miss the fact that you promised all those nasty things you said.
I miss the pain.
I miss your voice when my hearts pouring bloody rain.
I miss the way you would scream at me.
I miss the cowering and wanting to be free.
I miss not being the reason for your hatred.
I miss knowing that you’ll still be slicing me in when I’m asleep in bed.
I miss the tragedy within your eyes.
I miss the constant stabbing in my thighs.
I miss how you would starve me from my every need.
I miss how you constantly wanted to plant your seed.
I miss the reaction to crying alone.
I miss the thought of being too scared to come home.
I miss running away.
I miss how you would always beg me to stay.
I miss the punishment of behaviour.
I miss how you would kill me, and then act like my saviour.
I miss the rotting of the wooden self-made coffin tomb.
I miss the sweet scent of gloom.
I miss the fact you always visit me here.
I miss the fact that I can never just disappear.
I miss nothing of importance to you anymore.
I only miss the fact that I was once your number one whore.
Joseph Orton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To A Time That Will Never Happen, and To Someone That Never Will Be by Joseph Orton )
- Foolligent [Fool + Intelligent], Md. Ziaul Haque
- My Hope, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Searching for a Happy Heart, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Window, Md. Ziaul Haque
- ‘Watch' is a Celebrity!, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Please Listen to Me, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Dashalogue - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Crazy or Genius?, Md. Ziaul Haque
- iPhone6+ 오피뷰 ⓐ신도림오피녀 ⓑ구로오피 대란∠OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM∠, sibngnu3 sibngnu3
- The Surma River, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- November, Thomas Hood
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Letter from Italy, Joseph Addison
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(7 January 1820 – 28 May 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)