To a Promise
I used to live by the sea
full of manta rays, jelly fish, and sharks
Loved to watch the sun set across the way
Across the way, the separation
That comes on the way after dark
Stark the feeling as the fire burns
and you begin to sway
Your naked body I cannot see
as you dance away
Just the stars up above and far away
It is here today, tomorrow,
in the flickering flames displayed
I am thinking of yesterday
so you put my hand on your belly
And say, ''yes, yesterday ''
and, ''Yes to tomorrow.''
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To a Promise by Midnights Voice )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- hey dipstick, this is for you, Mandolyn Davidson
- Time - I know not, gajanan mishra
- Poetry is For Lovers, Cheryl Griffith
- The Darkest Side - Darkpalm21, Mark Clement Joseph S. Ferre ..
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -30, Ronjoy Brahma
- this is for you, dipstick, Mandolyn Davidson
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -29, Ronjoy Brahma
- Solitary, Claude H Oliver II
- Resolution?, Claude H Oliver II
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -28, Ronjoy Brahma