To a Promise
I used to live by the sea
full of manta rays, jelly fish, and sharks
Loved to watch the sun set across the way
Across the way, the separation
That comes on the way after dark
Stark the feeling as the fire burns
and you begin to sway
Your naked body I cannot see
as you dance away
Just the stars up above and far away
It is here today, tomorrow,
in the flickering flames displayed
I am thinking of yesterday
so you put my hand on your belly
And say, ''yes, yesterday ''
and, ''Yes to tomorrow.''
Midnights Voice's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To a Promise by Midnights Voice )
Did you read them?
- National flag., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Examined, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trance in the rain, Nassy Fesharaki
- Azal se mauzood hoon..., Azhar Sabri
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath
- Elimination, Hans Raj Sharma
- We have come thru..., bill costley
- The elements of loss, nick feiner
- Lives short lived, nick feiner
- Waiting to bloom, nick feiner