To A Friend
You are there for me in times of joy and in times of pain
you sre there for me when others are not.
You see things as the way they are when I cannot
because I am too blind or simply will not.
You speak the truth even when I do not want to hear it
and show me that I have no reason to fear it.
You may wound me greatly, but its always in love I see
I only hope I can be as good a friend to you
as you are to me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To A Friend by Russell Topping )
- Money, Katherine Nordhaus
- Older, Frank Avon
- A question to seasons, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Languid leman, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Tweet-tweet! I Visited a Hamlet with a G.., Harindhar Reddy
- PURITY OF SNOW., Terry Collett
- What If You Had No Beliefs? NONE!, Mr. Nobody
- Love or Sex?, Md. Ziaul Haque
- The founder is his movement's soul., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Rickshaw and the Puller, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Li Ching Chao
(1084 - 1151)
- Heather Burns