To A Friend
You are there for me in times of joy and in times of pain
you sre there for me when others are not.
You see things as the way they are when I cannot
because I am too blind or simply will not.
You speak the truth even when I do not want to hear it
and show me that I have no reason to fear it.
You may wound me greatly, but its always in love I see
I only hope I can be as good a friend to you
as you are to me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To A Friend by Russell Topping )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda