To A Friend
You are there for me in times of joy and in times of pain
you sre there for me when others are not.
You see things as the way they are when I cannot
because I am too blind or simply will not.
You speak the truth even when I do not want to hear it
and show me that I have no reason to fear it.
You may wound me greatly, but its always in love I see
I only hope I can be as good a friend to you
as you are to me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To A Friend by Russell Topping )
- One Nation Under God, Katherine Nordhaus
- the weather knows where i'll someday put.., Mandolyn ...
- Love Is, sallam yassin
- MY HEART SMILES TO YOU, john chizoba vincent
- When The Wind Blows, Tony Adah
- If I am just a Character, Felicia Manning
- Only if..., Ntando.B Da poet
- Patience & Acceptance, Tom Zart
- I am a stream, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- THE WIDOW, john chizoba vincent
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)