To A Friend
You are there for me in times of joy and in times of pain
you sre there for me when others are not.
You see things as the way they are when I cannot
because I am too blind or simply will not.
You speak the truth even when I do not want to hear it
and show me that I have no reason to fear it.
You may wound me greatly, but its always in love I see
I only hope I can be as good a friend to you
as you are to me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To A Friend by Russell Topping )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- She Buried Three, Alicia C. Cooper
- Oxygen, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Remembering Charlotte, Alicia C. Cooper
- SCARRING, Satish Verma
- you not a good being, MONGAMELI MAZONGOLO
- The Invention of Streetlights, Cole Swensen
- teenage pregnancy, MONGAMELI MAZONGOLO
- Emerge into one, hasmukh amathalal
- do you still remember?, MONGAMELI MAZONGOLO
- The Power Holders, ali chukwuemeka