THE LOST SMILE - - DR.K.G.BALAKRISHNAN
I had been to my village to day, after years.
I wonder where is the soothing breeze murmuring?
Where did the inherent fun pat and love-pinch vanish?
Pallinada lost its smile that un-hypocritical and deep.
Evaporated the aroma un-superficial the sweet haunting embrace!
Minimized the great pond Vellattumkulam to a dirt-dump!
The School my lingering nostalgia is sleepy lethargic and raged.
The foul-smelling air spelling the neo-political scenario cleverly!
O, My Dear, how could you transform self as in a dramatic scene?
My old class std.1 is there as old as me or quite older
for she is centurion!
I remember at that time the floor was sandy clean white.
My Annie Teacher helping me to write with the right index finger
in sand or with the pencil in the slate.
Suru our servant’s son was my pal dear and class-mate.
We both got the same lessons feel love and care.
Our dawn was the same so the dusk.
Also the air water food and fruits!
We played together, quarreled.
Slept in the shade of the old mango tree!
We heard the same rhymes and rhythm.
We saw the dream of the seven- colored same.
Night I can’t sleep. I feel ashamed.
I also lost the smile.
- - - - - - - - - -
dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (TLS by dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Psalm of Life, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Night Thoughts, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Poem of the Day
- SONNET II, Sir Toby Moses
- Tamil on decline, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- A Life-Lesson, Luo Zhihai
- The Sunprincess, Akhtar Jawad
- Movement incidental, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Before Storm, Luo Zhihai
- Fate rules the outcome., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Cheap labor, Nassy Fesharaki
- Feed the ego, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- How to Stay Alive in the Woods #2, Holly Wotherspoon